Chapter 36: Togepi Joins The Battle

*Third Person POV*

"TOGEPI!"

Time seemed to slow down, as glass shards and the egg-shaped pokemon came careening towards the concrete floor rapidly. The entire room went out of focus as Y/n watched in fear.

Then, without thinking, he began to move. Rapidly and without care, Y/n charged forward.

Ignoring the throngs of Team Rocket Grunts and Pokemon standing between them, Y/n sprinted towards Togepi.

Togepi continued to fall, dropping faster and faster towards the cold floor. Even as time seemingly slowed to a near halt, Togepi continued to fall with incredible velocity.

Y/n planted his foot onto a Team Rocket Grunt's face, using him as a foothold to launch higher. Still not high enough to catch Togepi, Y/n planted his foot on one of the Grunts' Koffings, pushing himself higher.

Finally, Y/n planted both of his feet on Proton's shoulders. Nearly crushing Proton's Murkrow, Y/n gave himself a final push into the air, his body going horizontal as his arms shot out to meet Togepi in midair.

Catching Togepi in midair and wrapping his arms around the smaller form, Y/n was unaware of the small glow that began to emanate from Togepi's chest.

Y/n closed his eyes and turned so his back was facing the floor, clinging tightly to the now glowing Pokemon.

Y/n took a hard slam to the ground, his right shoulder taking the brunt of the impact and the rest of his body following as he slid against the floor.

There was a moment of complete silence, as Y/n was frozen with no movement. Y/n's friends held their breath, as Y/n's arms fell open and revealed a perfectly unharmed Togepi.

*Y/n POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, forcing my eyelids to stretch open through the intense pain in my right shoulder.

As my eyes opened, I found myself looking into the familiar form of my partner Pokemon. However, as my mind caught up with the information coming from my eyes, I realized that Togepi isn't supposed to be glowing.

"T-togepi..?"

"Toge..."

Togepi began to glow even brighter, to the point where I could no longer look at him without my eyes burning.

Small wings shot our of Togepi's back, and his head began to grow out of his shell-body. His arms and legs changed slightly, and his body began to grow out of it's rotund form.

When the glowing finally died down, in a massive explosion of lights, I could see Togepi's new body.

Togepi had evolved.

"Togetic!" He cried, flying into the air and doing a loop, "Tic-Tic!"

"Togepi..." I let out a breath, "You're...incredible!"

Togepi, no, Togetic, launched into the air, flying above everyone else in the room.

"Fine," Proton said, "You've just saved us a lot of time we would've had to train you. Get 'im!"

*Third Person POV*

The Grunt's Pokemon began to advance on Togetic, who hovered in place above Y/n. His eyes flashed back and forth between the massive group of Pokemon, and then back to his trainer.

Y/n was on the brink of unconsciousness again, a pain in his arm that refused to allow him to move. The Pokemon were beginning to close in on him, and in a moment of terror Togetic reacted on instinct.

A bright ball of white energy appeared in front of him, glowing and growing as the seconds passed. Togetic threw his head and back and braced his body, as if he knew instinctively what was going to happen.

Throwing his head forward, the ball of energy exploded in a solid beam. It was half a foot in diameter, and as it struck the ground it burned and crushed anything in it's way.

Pokemon tried to scurry out of the way, only to be absorbed and crushed by the beam's immense power. As it passed over them, each of the Grunts' pokemon was knocked out and dropped to the ground.

"No way!" Leaf shouted, "That's....Amazing!"

"Of course it is!" Grady cheered, "Togetic is using Hyper Beam!"

As the attack came to an end, Togetic's hovering became forced and weak. He floated back and forth in place, before dropping back down to the ground.

"A worthy effort," Proton said, walking towards Y/n and Togetic, both of whom were passed out, "But a wasted one. We will always win."

He stepped closer to Y/n and his partner, before something smacked him in the back and dropped him to the ground.

He fell to the ground and watched as Meowth landed in front of him, claws prepped for an attack.

"Grr," Proton shoved himself back up, "Why you little..."

He was cut off as the foundation of the building began to quake. Proton and Jennifer looked around in fear, before looking at each other.

"Damn it!" Jennifer shouted, "The building is falling! Let's get the hell out of here!"

Jennifer and the Grunts sprinted off in fear, as Proton looked between them and his Pokemon prize of Togetic.

"Fine," He spat, "But from now on, watch your backs! Cause we will get that Pokemon!"

As Proton took off out of the building, Leaf and Grady looked at each other.

"Get Y/n!" Leaf shouted, "The building's gonna collapse!"