Chapter 12: Y/n Vs Amber Part 2

*Third Person POV*

The Onix was sent flying backwards, landing in front of it's trainer with swirling eyes. Amber let out a sigh and returned the pokemon to its ball, before reaching for a new one.

"Alright, come out Geodude!"

The aforementioned pokemon jumped out into the arena, coming face to face with Togepi.

"Geodude!" It cried.

"Alright Togepi," Y/n called, "Let's finish this quick! Extrasensory!"

Togepi attempted to lift the Geodude into the air, only for the ground near him to be struck by a rock and send him flying. Togepi landed a few feet away, quickly dodging a few more rocks.

"Keep going Geodude!" Amber called out her commands, "We've got him now!"

Amber had taken a much more confident stance, her body now open and lively. She was more aggressive than before and a confident smirk was plastered on her face.

Her Geodude continued to launch rocks at Togepi, who dodge rock after rock. Y/n glared at the arena, annoyed at the course things were taking.

"Not again!" Y/n yelled, "Use Extrasensory on the rocks!"

Togepi did as he was told, stopping the rocks in mid air.

"Geodude, use Tackle!"

Togepi was too distracted by the the rocks to stop the charging Geodude, who slammed into him at full strength and sent him flying backwards. Togepi landed and weakly stood up, now only a few feet from Y/n.

"Togepi, are you okay?" Y/n asked worriedly.

"Toge..."

"Listen, I've got a plan," He whispered, "Just get him under that rock to our left."

"Pi?"

"Trust me, this is gonna work."

"Pi!"

Togepi pushed himself back up and began to ran, circling the arena as Geodude chased him.

"Yes, YES!" Amber yelled, "GET HIM GEODUDE! TACKLE!"

Amber, in her ferocious blood lust for battle, had yet to notice Y/n's plan. Togepi was leading Geodude around the arena for a purpose, and had come between the wall and the charging Geodude.

"You've got him cornered now, Geodude!" Amber yelled out, her eyes fiery for battle, "End this, Tackle!"

Togepi watched, as the Geodude came charging at him, his fist out as if to punch. The Geodude reeled its fist backwards and lunged forward, as Y/n's plan came into fruition.

"Now Togepi!"

Togepi jumped out of the way of the attack and Geodude's fist struck the wall, causing the decorative rocks to crack and shake. Togepi ran backwards and Y/n smirked, realizing he had already won.

"Geodude, get out of there!" Amber yelled, realizing what was about to happen.

But it was far too late.

The Geodude began to run, as rocks began to rain from above it. It was too slow, as a massive rock came down and dropped on it, knocking it out.

[PKMN Trainer Y/n has won the battle!]

Amber sighed, realizing that she was defeated, and brought out her pokeball. The Geodude returned to the ball, as Y/n and Togepi began to celebrate.

"We did it!" Y/n cheered, his fists pumping in the air, "We won!"

Togepi ran over and jumped into his arms, as the two hugged. Leaf and Bulbasaur ran out from the stands, and she wrapped her arms around both of them in a tight hug.

"You guys won!" She cheered, "Good job!"

Y/n returned the hug, causing Leaf to break out in a bright red blush. Grady noticed this and began to chuckle, as they all split from the hug.

"Nice one, Y/n," He complimented, "You surprised me."

"Thanks, Grady," Y/n said, "Weren't you the one who said I was gonna lose?"

"Hey man!" Grady exused, waving his hands, "I didn't mean it!"

Leaf and Y/n began to laugh as Grady continued to make excuses for himself.  They all turned around when they heard someone behind them.

"U-umm," Amber's voice came from behind them, "Y/n?"

They all turned around and Amber stepped forward, standing face to face with Y/n.

"A-as the Substitute Gym Leader of Pewter City," She said, "It's my honor t-to present you with this official league Gym Badge, the Boulder Badge!"

Y/n accepted the badge and held it high, seeing it glimmer in the light. Togepi and Bulbasaur let out their cries in approval, as they danced from foot to foot.

"Congratulation, challenger!"

"Thanks, Amber," Y/n said, holding out his hand, "It was a fun battle!"

She giggled a bit before accepting the handshake, saying, "Yeah, it really was. I hope we'll have another in the future."

"So," Grady interrupted, "Where to next?"

"Well, if you guys are looking for more gym badges, the next stop has to be Cerulean City," Amber replied, "The gym leader there is a lot tougher than I am."

And so, after saying their goodbyes and getting a good night's rest, Y/n and his friends left Pewter City in their wake.

Cerulean City was waiting for them.