Chapter 46: Vermilion Gym Part 2

*Third Person POV*

Lt. Surge's Pikachu jumped into battle, landing in the center of the arena. It's cheeks sparked with electricity, letting out a angry "CHUU!"

Y/n deadpanned, "A great way to cheer me up, huh?"

"I didn't know about this," Grady shrugged, "Come on, you got this!"

Turning back to the arena, Meowth jumped off Y/n's shoulder into the arena. He let out a hiss, scratching his claws against the ground.

"Alright buddy, let's get it right this time!" Y/n cheered, "Meowth, get in close and use Scratch!"

Meowth responded immediately, dashing forward and scratching at the mouse Pokemon. Pikachu dodged backwards, quick enough to avoid Meowth's claws. Meowth didn't let up and continued his assault, slashing at Pikachu again and again.

"Pikachu, use Quick Attack!"

"You've gotta be kidding me..."

Pikachu dashed at Meowth, striking him in the stomach. Meowth was sent flying back, landing on all fours. Meowth glared at the at the Pikachu, shooting forward to swipe with his claws. The Pikachu dodged the attack again, shooting a bolt of electricity. The bolt struck and singed Meowth, knocking him towards Y/n.

Meowth only seemed to get angrier and angrier, despite his singed fur. Y/n and Meowth shared a glance, as Y/n formulated whatever plan he could come up with.

"Meowth, use Bite!"

"Pikachu, Double Team!"

The Pikachu began to move rapidly, making a shadow after affect of three Pikachus. Meowth tried to keep track of each Pikachu, but become confused and angry.

"Me-MEOW!"

He launched forwards, biting at the first shadow. His attack went straight through, and he launched himself at the next, and the next. Finally he shot through the last one, and looked towards Lt.Surge, where the real Pikachu stood,

"Shock wave!"

Pikahcu shot out another bolt of electricity, striking Meowth head on. Meowth went flying towards Y/n, landing on his side. His fur was blackened in places and his ears were drooping. His breathing was slow, but his chest pumped up and down with each breath.

"Meowth!" Y/n called, "Meowth!"

Meowth slowly pushed himself onto his two paws, stumbling slightly. He glanced back at Y/n, before looking back to his opponent.

"Meowth, come back!" Y/n called, "You need to-!"

Meowth shook his head, and glared down the Pikachu. He got down on all fours, scratching the ground. Pikachu followed suit, dropping down and getting into position to attack.

Pikachu shot forward in a Quick Attack, as Meowth held his position. He waited, and waited, for the exact moment he needed. Pikachu crossed that line in Meowth's mind, and Meowth attacked.

"Woah," Grady said, "Meowth is using Quick Attack!?"

Meowth and Pikachu struck head on, only for Meowth to send the Pikachu flying. Pikachu's momentum carried him through the air over Lt.Surge's head, landing behind him, collapsing in a fainted heap.

"Hmph," Lt.Surge growled, "Not bad."

"Go Meowth! Go Meowth!" Y/n cheered, jumping up and down.

"TOGE-TIC, TOGE-TIC!" Togetic flew, performing his Metronome dance through the air.

"Cheer all you want," Lt.Surge shouted, "But you haven't won yet. Let's go Raichu!"

"Ha, no worries!" Y/n said, a confident smile on his face, "Let's finish this, Meowth!"

The larger mouse Pokemon jumped out onto the field, sparking with ferocious energy.

"Meowth, Quick Attack!"

"Raichu, Shock wave!"

Raichu's electricity burst through the air,  shooting towards Meowth. Meowth dodged out of the way of the attack and dashed forward, becoming a blur with the speed. He slammed into Raichu and turned, quickly dashing back and attacking again. Raichu couldn't keep up with the speed, and was struck twice more before Lt.Surge called out his next attack.

"Raichu, use Double Team!"

Raichu followed it's trainers orders, creating the after affect shadows that Pikachu performed before it.

"Meowth, use Bite! The real one's behind you!"

Meowt turned around and caught Raichu before it could dodge, biting down on its tail. Raichu shook and swung his tail wildly, trying to get rid of Meowth, whose grip held.

"Raichu, give him a shock!"

Raichu sent electricity coursing through his tail, shocking Meowth enough to loosen his grip and get him to drop. Raichu immediately followed up with a Quick Attack, slamming into Meowth.

Meowth took the attack much better, landing on all fours closer to Y/n. Meowth and Y/n shared a confident smile, before turning back to their opponent.

"Let's finish this off, Meowth..." Y/n said, "Use Quick Attack!"

Meowth sped towards Raichu, turning into a blur but not stopping. His paws barely touched the ground, and he slammed into Raichu with a massive force, sending the electric type flying over his trainer, and crashing to the ground.