Chapter 8: Pewter City Museum

*Third Person POV*

As our main characters get ready for the day ahead of them, they wonder what they are going to do. Y/n was concerned with winning the gym battle and training, Leaf wanted to see the local museum, and Grady... well who knows really? He was still sleeping when Y/n sat on an arm chair by the side of his bed, arms propped up and fingertips touching.

"It's a wonderful morning today," Y/n said to himself, "The sun is bright in the sky, the pidgey are churping a sweet tune, and it's a great day to get out and do some training, go to a park, or just LAY IN BED AND DO NOTHING!"

Y/n suddenly yelled, causing Grady to shoot out of bed and up to his feet. Doing so revealed that he was sleeping in nothing other than pink boxers with Wailmers printed on it.

Y/n and Togepi burst out in laughter, as Grady turned bright red. He disappeared into the bathroom and came back out half an hour later, now fully dressed and less red. Y/n had turned red though, as his laughter slowly died down.

"Oh Arceus!" Y/n screamed, "You have Wailmer face boxers!"

"Whatever," Grady said, wrapping his towel up and snapping it towards him, "Let's not keep Leaf waiting."

The two left the room, grabbing their stuff on the way out. As they left the inn, Leaf came up to them with a paper bag and Bulbasaur at her side.

"Glad you two are finally up," Leaf huffed, "What took so long?"

"Grady decided to sleep in," Y/n said, a massive smile still plastered on his face, "Did you know he sleeps in-"

Y/n stumbled forward into Leaf, as Grady smacked him from behind. Leaf caught him in her arms, turning bright red as she did. Y/n backed up and straightened himself, looking at her quizzically.

"Are you okay, Leaf?" He asked, "You're bright red."

"H-here!" She yelled, "Just eat your breakfast already!"

"Umm, thanks."

The three sat by the side of the road, watching people go by as they ate. Togepi sat in Y/n's lap, chewing on the piece of the breakfast sandwich Y/n had given him. As they ate, Grady spoke up.

"So, what're we doing today?" He asked, "I figured I'd stay with you guys for a little while, at least until I'm sure you can be trusted not to get yourself killed."

"Well, I wanted to do some training," Y/n said, "I am laughably prepared to take on the gym."

"I was hoping we could go see the museum," Leaf interjected, "It might be an interesting way to pass time."

"But, but..."

"That's sounds good," Grady interrupted, "And afterwards, we'll have time to do some training. Sound good, Y/n?"

"Fine."

The group stood up and walked towards the museum, Leaf dragging Y/n by his collar.

{Timeskip}

"Woah..."

Y/n had his face nearly pressed into the glass, as he looked up at the skull of the ancient pokemon. It was some ancient dragon type pokemon, and it's fangs were massive.

"You know, for someone who was against this idea," Leaf said, a mug grin on her face, "You sure seem to be enjoying this."

"Yeah, whatever," Y/n said, sticking out his tongue, "This place is pretty cool."

"Glad to hear it."

The three turned to the new voice, seeing a man in a lab coat walking up to them. He carried a clipboard under one shoulder and wore thick-rimmed glasses.

"After all, we put a lot of work into cleaning and preparing the fossils for viewing," He explained, "It would be a shame if it wasn't 'pretty cool'."

"Do you work here?" Grady asked.

"Yes I do," He said, sticking out his hand and shaking, "Doctor D. C. Kingston, most people just call me Dr.Bones. Pleasure to meet you all."

"Cool," Y/n said, "I'm Y/n, this is Togepi."

"I'm Leaf, this is my partner Bulbasaur."

"Hey, I'm Grady and this is Kabuto."

"Kabu-to!"

"Ah, a Kabuto," Dr.Bones said, shifting his glasses, "I take it you've been to Cinnabar?"

"Of course," Grady said, "I'm actually from there. My dad is one of the archeologists behind the fossil revival project."

"Fossil revival project?" Y/n questioned, "What's that?"

"Well, on Cinnabar island, there's a group of scientists and archeologists that are creating machines to revive pokemon from fossils," Dr.Bones explained, "Kabuto is one of these pokemon."

"In fact, Kabuto here was created with a fossil donated by this very museum," Grady said, placing a hand on his pokemon, "And I'm learning how to prepare fossils for resurrection so that I can help out one day."

"Awesome!" Leaf exclaimed, "So there's actually a way to bring pokemon back from the dead?"

"A very limited way, but yes, a way," Dr.Bones answered, reaching into his lab coat pocket, "If you kids ever get to Cinnabar, give me a call. I'll tell my colleagues to give you a special tour of their laboratory."

He handed the card to Y/n, who looked it over. It read:

                                                       Doctor D. C. "Bones" Kingston, PhD

                                                                      1232214343213497

                                                                     Pewter City Museum

"Wow, thanks Doc," Y/n said, "We'll be sure to give you a call when we get there."

"Anytime, Y/n," Dr.Bones said, "Now, if you'd like to see a really interesting fossil, come right this way."