Chapter 54: Celadon City Gym

*Third Person POV*

By the time Looker and the International Police showed up, Jennifer and Proton managed to escape. The Pokemon were gone as well, the police assumed that Jennifer and Proton took them when they left.

Grady and Y/n had found a small café to rest at, sitting next to a window and sipping on warm drinks. Their Pokemon were sitting in their pokeballs, except for Togetic who was hovering around the table randomly.

"So," Grady said, "I think that's enough excitement. I'm about ready to get outta Celadon, but we can't leave without a gym badge, can we?"

"Nope," Y/n said, putting down his glass, "I guess the gym is next, huh?"

"I guess so," Grady replied, "It's strange. Out of all the towns I would've thought we'd find Leaf in, this was my best guess. But nothing."

"Definitely weird," Y/n said, "Come on, let's go pay."

The two stood up, as a crowd passed by the windows. They didn't notice the crowd as they turned.

In the center of the crowd was Leaf, walking alongside a woman in a yukata. The woman, who was only a few years older than Leaf, was walking with an elegant stride, ignoring the throngs of men who surrounded them.

"Tell me," The woman said, "Dear sister. What brings you back home? You're letters indicated that you and that boy... Y/n, was it, it seemed like you were getting along so well."

Leaf ignored the victorious smirk that plastered her sister's face. That same smirk had been there since Leaf got home, even when they were having dinner with their parents. Her sister had warned her that some boy would break her heart and she'd coming running back, that her journey would be a complete failure.

Leaf hated most that her sister was right. Leaf had tried to keep his famous sister out of Y/n's and her relationship, but Y/n had to push her and she lost her temper.

"Don't push it, Erika." She growled.

"Oh don't misunderstand me," The Celadon gym Leader giggled, "I'm so happy to have my darling little sister back home with me. Maybe you can finally drop that silly idea of being a top trainer and start working in the gym like the rest of the family."

Erika gave a dirty look to Cubone sitting in Leaf's arms.

"Of course, I don't allow dirty ground types in my gym."

Leaf grabbed Cubone tightly, "Don't even think of it."

"You must understand sis," Erika pleaded, "I only want what's best for you."

"No you don't," Leaf said, "You just want to lord it over me that you're Mom and Dad's favorite child. You're the successful one, the oldest, the smartest, the prettiest. And I'm just the turd in the punch bowl."

Leaf stomped ahead of her sister, the crowd parting to let her through. Erika merely gave her sister a light smirk, watching and following behind her.

Y/n and Grady, after paying for their drinks, stepped out onto the street. The mid-afternoon sun was low in the sky, and the lack of crowds on the street made it easy for them to get to the gym in record time.

They stopped outside the gym, looking at the same sign that was in front of every gym.

"Cerulean City Gym

Gym Leader Erika

The Lady of the Garden."

Y/n stepped forwards and pushing the doors open. The inside was a cacophony of bright green leafage and beautiful flowers. The whole gym was covered in plants, even the arena, which looked like a painted football field.

"Woah..."

"You said it..."

Neither of the boys had their eyes on the green. Their eyes were glued to the beautiful women who were walking around, playing with their Pokemon or talking among themselves.

"Well hello there," A kind voice said, "What would two young men like yourselves want with our little ol' gym?"

They turned to face a woman in a little black dress, long blonde hair and blue eyes. She radiated beauty, every feature perfect.

"Oh well, we're here to challenge the gym," Y/n said, "I'm Y/n, this is Grady."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you," The lady said, "But Erika is out on business at the moment. She probably won't be back until tomorrow."

"What?" Grady said, snapping out of his perverted gaze, "Another one?"

"Hmm?"

"Yeah, you're right," Y/n realized, "That's three gyms where the Gym leaders weren't there! The only gym leader I've actually ever met was Surge!"

"That's just unprofessional," Grady bemoaned, "At least the other gym leaders had the wherewithal to leave substitutes. This Erika chick has got to be the most unprepared leader yet."

At this comment, the lady's features changed immediately. Her face was contorted in rage, and her pale skin had turned a bright red.

"What?!" She screamed, "How dare you! Lady Erika is not a 'chick'! She is a lady, and far above FILTH like you!"

"Filth!?" Y/n shouted back, not noticing the crowd that was growing around them, "I'll show you filth!"

Togetic floated out in front of him, his usually calm and cute face contorted in a furious scowl.