Lost City(Karl Jacobs)

Everyone's favorite time-traveling boy! I gotta say, Karl is definitely at the top of my list for comfort streamers. Also, this imagine is a Tales of the SMP AU, so it's also got BadBoyHalo, Ranboo, Quackity and Dream. I'm gonna use the streamers' names instead of the character names so y'all don't get confused.

Yes, the City of Mizu was beautiful and full of stories, yet I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty about this place

Yes, the City of Mizu was beautiful and full of stories, yet I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty about this place. The city was so extensive and full of mystery that it was making me nervous, and Karl could tell. As we all walked out of Tubbo's room, he slipped his hand in mine and squeezed it.

"You okay?" I looked at him and smiled dimly.

"All of this is making my head spin." Karl pulled me close to him and kissed the top of my head.

"You know, you didn't have to come with me," he said softly. "I don't want you getting hurt." I smiled up at him and squeezed his hand in return.

"I'll be okay, Karl. I promise." Karl just nodded, and we kept holding hands as Dream led us to the Tree Dome Room. My younger brother Ranboo looked back at us, and once I got his gaze, he smiled.

We were going to be fine. Nothing was going to go wrong, right?

--------

"Get away from the tree!" I heard Karl shout. I turned around to see the Tree on fire and Quackity and Dream up in the tree.

"Q, get down!" I screamed. Quackity turned around long enough to see Dream lighting TnT, and then, in an instant, the tree was nothing but burnt bark and scattered leaves. Dream was gone, and Quackity's burned body was on the ground below. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from crying as BadBoyHalo grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the Tree Dome Room and into the hall with Ranboo and Karl. Karl immediately hugged me tight as I quietly cried, and we all just stood in silence.

"Quackity, no," I murmured tearfully, and everyone joined the hug.

--------

"Oh dear God!" Karl shouted as Bad fell into the lava trap with a scream. I tried not to scream while Ranboo and I rushed to Karl's side.

"He almost made it!" Ranboo said with a hint of anger. I barely nodded and turned towards Karl, who was looking up at the ledge Bad was trying to reach.

"I'm going up there," he said calmly, and he handed me his bag of books that he had been collecting from each room in Mizu.

"Karl, no," I protested. "Look what happened to Bad! I won't let that happen to you!" Karl looked at me sadly and kissed the back of my hand.

"I'll make it back, baby. I promise." I started to protest, but gave up and nodded at him. Karl exchanged a glance with Ranboo, and they shook hands and nodded. With that, Karl carefully made his way up to the ledge through the lava path as Ranboo and I held hands tightly. After a few tense minutes, Karl made it to the ledge and looked around the room.

"I found a key!" he called out. "The key to the secret room!"

"Nice job, Karl!" Ranboo shouted back. "Now get down from there!" Karl looked down the ledge, but there was nothing but lava.

"I'm gonna run and jump it!"

"Be careful, Karl!" I shouted. He saluted, then he took off running and jumped off the ledge. He stumbled as he landed, but I pulled him away from the lava, then I immediately pulled him into a hug.

"Glad you're not dead," I said softly. Karl smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks for being worried 'bout me." While I hugged him, Ranboo and Karl shook hands again happily, and then, we walked over to the other room, the room the key was meant to open. Karl handed the lever to Ranboo, and he placed the lever on the wall. Before Ranboo pulled the lever, Karl stopped him and glanced between us.

"I don't know what's through that door," he said. "So I want you guys to know that this has been a wonderful adventure, and thank you."

"I'd do it all over again, Karl," Ranboo said with a smile. Karl returned the grin, and then turned to me.

"I know what you're going to say," I said before Karl spoke. "I understand you're worried about me, but I'm going with you until this is over." Then, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him, feeling him smile through the kiss. When we pulled away, and when Ranboo was done rolling his eyes at us, Karl took my right hand and Ranboo took my left hand, and Karl pulled the lever and the stone door opened. Everyone took a breath as we slowly stepped into the room, a huge room with stone walls and armor stands with netherite armor.

"This place is crazy," I whispered, still tightly holding Karl's hand. As the three of us walked through the room, I noticed a window at the end. Outside the window, it was only grass and stone except for a small shrine with a green and white smiley face on it.

"What is that?" Ranboo asked quietly and I shrugged unsure. Karl looked through the window, then he took out a pickaxe and broke the window, letting us climb through. When we were all outside, Karl took the picture off of the shrine.

"There's a name on it," he said as we all gathered around him to look. "It says "Dream." My eyes went wide, and as we turned around, there was Dream, menacingly carrying a netherite sword.

"Many people have come to this place," Dream said. "But no one ever leaves." He brought up his sword and I screamed as I pushed Ranboo and Karl out of the way.

"Y/N, no!" Karl shouted.

As the blade came down and the pain set in, the last thing I heard was crying.

--------

My eyes shot open as I felt a warm hand brush my face. I bolted up and turned to see Karl, who immediately pulled me into a hug.

"Oh my god, I thought you were gone," he mumbled into my shirt, and I tightly squeezed him.

"You can't get rid of me that easy," I replied softly. "I'm in this time-traveling thing until it's over." We stayed in the hug, down in our library, grateful that we hadn't gotten lost in the Lost City.

Wowwww this one was a lot! I'm a huge fan of Karl's Tales of the SMP, who else is?

Stay poggers, muffinheads!