Fighter(Punz)

This imagine is sort of a side story to the mafia AU imagine, but a different Y/N.

You know what, just read it and it'll make sense. Shoutout to 5secondsofsports for inspiration with this one.

I strolled away from the shouting crowd and the bright lights in the arena and down the dimly-lit hallway towards the locker room. Almost nobody was down here, except for a few manintence workers and some medics leaving to go help other fighters. I stepped inside the locker room, and no one was there except for one, lonely figure sitting on the bench.

"You don't look too good, my friend." The figure lifted his head and stood up to face me. I clearly saw that it was Punz's face through the bruises from his previous fight and his tangled blonde hair, but it was still Punz. 

"I'm glad you're here," he said finally. I smiled and tossed him the water bottle in my hand.

"Good to see you, Punzo," I replied as he sat down again and I sat beside him. After a few quiet minutes, I placed a comforting hand on his arm, and his head leaned against my shoulder. 

"You think I can beat the next guy?" he asked. 

"Depends on your strategy," I said with a sigh. "Awesamdude is one of the best fighters they've got, next to you, of course." Punz let out a strained laugh.

"That last guy almost destroyed me," he said, his voice dropping. "I'm losing my touch."

"That is absolutely not true," I replied, taking hold of his hand. "You are the best fighter I've ever seen, and no matter if you win or lose, you're still the best in my heart." For good measure, I planted a kiss on his cheek just above one of the bruise. Punz smiled and pulled me in a hug. Then, we heard the announcer loudly shouting the winner of the previous match, calling the next fighter up.

"Time for your fight," I said, squeezing his hand. We both stood up and walked out into the hall where Sapnap was waiting.

"Looks like we won't be walking out alone," Sapnap said, grinning. 

"Well, if he wins, I'll be paying him double his cut," I answered as Punz chuckled. "So, I might as well get a front-row view of the fight."

"Y/N, you're always welcome in my corner," Punz said, kissing my cheek. "Shall we, everyone?" Sapnap and I both nodded, and we all walked down the hall towards the arena. The crowd roared as the announcer shouted Punz's name, and his grip on my hand got tighter. Sam was already in the ring, and the people in his corner directly eyed Sapnap and Punz with intimidation.

"Those fuckers," Sapnap said in a low voice. 

"Is this supposed to scare me?" Punz said, looking at them from over my shoulder. I put a hand over my mouth to keep myself from giggling. The announcer reminded fighters to prepare themselves, and Punz started wrapping his hands with tape before putting on the gloves.

"Remember," Sapnap said, placing a hand on Punz's shoulder. "Keep up your speed and catch him off guard. Hit him fast and hard, and you can take him." Punz nodded, and the two of them shared a quick embrace. Punz then turned to face me, and I gave him a comforting smile as we embraced.

"Alright, let me go and beat his ass," I whispered. Punz smiled and before he climbed into the ring, he quickly kissed me and then entered the ring. I blinked a couple times, trying to wrap my head around what just happened.

"You look a little bit red, Y/N," Sapnap teased, and I just flipped him off.

"Shut up and watch your fighter." Punz and Sam exchanged a nod as they circled the ring. The bell rang and Punz threw the first punch. Punz did exactly what Sapnap; he tried to move faster than Sam, but Sam managed to land several punches on Punz. The first few rounds almost flew by, and both fighters were pretty roughed up. One of Sam's punches had reopened one of Punz's wounds, and he started bleeding pretty badly. Before the next round, I climbed into the ring to help patch him up.

"Who's winning?" Punz asked breathlessly. 

"Don't worry about that," I replied softly. "You're still getting paid." He chuckled and took hold of my hand as I helped him to his feet. I saw him take a deep breath, so I placed a hand on his cheek and pulled his gaze to me.

"You're doing fine," I said. "Just block him, stay fast, and try your best." Punz nodded. but before he could turn around, I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss. When we broke away, I smiled and gave him a wink as I climbed out.

"That was for earlier, dickhead." Punz let out a laugh, then he turned back to his opponent. The fight continued, and it was clear that he got back in his stride. He was lighter on his feet, and his punches were harder. In the final round, Sam seemed to be losing his stamina, and this gave Punz the upper hand. 

"C'mon, Punz!" Sapnap shouted. "Take him out!"

"You can do it, Punz!" I yelled. I watched Punz take another deep breath as he moved in the corner to avoid Sam's punch, and then he swung at Sam with all of his strength, and Sam quickly fell down and stayed there. The crowd erupted in cheers and Sapnap and I ran into the ring as the referee held up Punz's hand, declaring him the winner. We pulled Punz into a hug, and he immediately collapsed into our arms.

"Good job, buddy," Sapnap exclaimed, patting Punz on the back.

"Thanks, buddy," Punz answered with a strained laugh. I smiled and shook my head, taking one of his arms and wrapping it around my shoulders.

"I told you that you could do it," I said loudly, trying to drown out the crowd. 

"I had good motivation," Punz replied, then he leaned down and gave me another kiss. I felt him smile into the kiss, and when we pulled away, we both started laughing. 

"Guess I'll give you your money," I said to Punz as Sapnap joined us and we walked back to the locker room.

"You're all the reward I need, sweetheart," Punz answered, and Sapnap groaned.

"Please, can you save this for later?" I just looked at Punz, and we burst into laughter.