Fault(Awesamdude)

Yeeee it's Sam, but not just Sam, Warden Sam!

This one might get a little angsty but hey, we'll see how it goes. Thoughts on C! Sam from Tommy's lore stream with Ghostbur?

I stood at the wall of lava, a brief smile forming on my face as Sam and Ghostbur came out of the water. 

"Ghostbur, you know Y/N, right?" Sam said, motioning towards me.

"Oh yes!" Ghostbur replied happily. "I'd give you some blue, Y/N, but I'm afraid your boyfriend had me put in a chest before coming in here."

"That's alright, Ghostbur," I said with a laugh. "It's good to see you again." I already knew why he was here: he was visiting Dream, sure, but the real reason he was here was because Tommy was invisible and planned to kill Dream with Ghostbur acting as a decoy. Tommy pitched the plan to me earlier that day, and as much as I disliked it, Dream needed to be gone, forever, not just in Pandora's Vault. I watched as Ghostbur stood facing the wall of lava, and he flashed me a thumbs up, to which I nodded in reply. Sam began lowering the lava and motioned for me to come to him. I nodded, leaned my trident against the wall and went over to him.

"What's up, Sam?" Sam just smiled before giving me a gentle kiss.

"Nothing. Just wanted to do that." I rolled my eyes before glancing at Ghostbur.

"Did he say why he's here to visit Dream?" I asked, trying to keep my cool. Sam shook his head and looked the lava.

"No, but I don't think there's gonna be any problems." I nodded and slowly went back to my post as Dream's cell became more visible through the lava. I picked up my trident as Sam pulled the lever to extend the bridge.

"Go ahead, Ghostbur," I said softly. "Good luck."

"Thank you," Ghostbur replied, and then he began walking on the bridge. The bridge stopped when it reached the cell, but once I saw the glint of the Axe of Peace, I panicked. Dream let out a cry of protest and Sam immediately followed my eyes towards where Tommy was.

"Stop!" Sam shouted. I froze, and I saw Ghostbur freeze. Sam ordered the invisible boy to cross the bridge, Ghostbur stranded on the other side.

"Sam, what about Ghostbur?" I asked frantically.

"Not now, Y/N," Sam growled, and I was taken aback. Sam took his job as the warden seriously, but this was a completely new side of that. 

"Drink this now," Sam told the invisible intruder, handing him a bottle of milk. The shimmer of the invisibility potion faded to reveal Tommy, and I silently cursed to myself.

"Tommy, what are you doing here?" Sam asked angrily. "You know you're not allowed to come here! No one's allowed to visit the prison anymore!"

"Sam, you bastard!" Tommy shouted. "I was so close! I need to kill him!" Tommy paused and looked at me angrily.

"And what did you do, huh?" he asked seething. "You were supposed to take me and Ghostbur through the prison, not Sam!" 

"It isn't my place to decide who decides to guard the prisoner each day, Tommy!" I shot back. "Sam and I share the responsibility, but I did try to go alone!"

"Well, you didn't try hard enough, Y/N!" Tommy shouted again. "And now, Ghostbur is stuck!"

"Well, I did tell you this was a bad idea, and now look what's happened!" As soon as I said it, I knew I had made a mistake. Tommy charged at me with the axe, but Sam was quicker.

"Back off, Tommy," he said angrily before turning towards me.

"Leave right now, Y/N. We'll discuss this later." 

"Hell no, Sam," I started to protest, but one angry glare from Sam shut me down. I backed away and went through the water tunnel, filled with worries and anger.

--------

I sat at the warden's desk at the prison entrance, waiting for Sam, Tommy and Ghostbur to come out. I knew that lashing out at Tommy in front of Sam had been a mistake, and I knew I was going to pay for it. I was shaken out of my thoughts by the blackstone door sliding open to reveal only Sam and Tommy. I shot up from my seat.

"Where's Ghostbur?" I asked, but Sam cut me off.

"Get out of here, Tommy," he said. "I never want to see you near the prison again." Tommy muttered something too hard for me to distinguish before leaving through the portal. Once he was gone, Sam ripped off his mask before turning towards me.

"You better start explaining yourself right the fuck now," he said in a low, angry voice.  

"I'm the one who needs to explain?" I asked, suddenly furious. "Tommy was the one who came in and came up with this shitty idea."

"And you were in on it," Sam answered. "You could've talked him out of it, but you didn't, and now Ghostbur is gone." My heart dropped.

"What did you say?" Sam tensed up.

"Dream killed him. Ghostbur's gone." I silently gasped, tears forming in my eyes. I sat down at Sam's desk again in shock.

"So this is my fault," I muttered, letting a tear fall. Sam sighed and kneeled down in front of me.

"I didn't say that."

"Yeah, but you agree with Tommy," I spit out angrily, standing up. "I could've done something, but I didn't, and now not only is Ghostbur gone, but Wilbur is alive." Sam dropped his head and grabbed my hand, but I slipped out of his grasp. 

"Y/N," Sam said carefully. "Can we please talk about this?"

"No, we can't," I answered, opening up the portal. "I'm going home."

"Y/N, I'm sorry," Sam said, running a hand through his hair, suddenly dropping his anger. "Nothing is your fault right now."

"Sam, forget it." I wiped off my tears and stepped into the portal.

"See you later, Sam." Sam tried to speak and go after me, but I was already gone. 

Wow. That was a lot, but it is not the end! This imagine will have a part two, which will be arriving soon. Stay tuned!

As always, feel free to make requests for imagines. I'd be happy to write them!

Stay poggers, muffinheads!