Patronus(Karl Jacobs)

This idea has been stuck in my head for so long and I literally couldn't not write it. This is a Harry Potter AU imagine. So, get ready, muffinheads.

Also, I might write other Harry Potter AU imagines for Dream SMP people later on. Stay tuned.

I fiddled with my wand as I waited in Professor Lupin's office. After Harry Potter had spoken with Lupin about the dementor incident during the last quidditch game, he told me that I should learn the charm he had been taught to fight back against dementors: the Patronus charm.

"Y/N." I looked up the balcony, Lupin there waiting.

"Hello, Professor," I said calmly. "Thank you for meeting with me."

"Of course, Y/N," Lupin replied, coming down the stairs. "So, I'm going to teach you the Patronus charm. Am I correct in saying that Harry told you about this?"

"Yes, sir," I said nodding.

"Very well," Lupin said calmly. "Now, a Patronus works something similar to a shield with the dementor feeding on rather than you. In order to create this shield, you need to think of a very happy, powerful memory. Can you do this?" I hesitated, wondering what happy memory would be most powerful to get this spell to work.

"I'll do my best," I replied. Lupin nodded with a smile and moved over to a chest.

"Remember," he said before opening the chest. "I don't expect you to do it the first time. Just let your memory guide your strength and say "Expecto Patronum." I repeated the phrase over in my head, and Lupin asked me to think of my memory. I closed my eyes and searched my memory for happiness

|
|
|
|

"Try it again, Y/N," Karl said, looking at me hopefully. I gripped my hand and looked the empty flower pot. Professor McGonagall had given the sixth years some new Transfiguration spells to work on, and Karl was trying to help me with one for the past hour.

"I can't, Karl," I sighed. "I've been doing this forever, and I still can't get it."

"C'mon, you can do it," Karl said, squeezing my free hand. "Just try not to overthink it, and take a deep breath." I nodded, took a deep breath and pointed my wand at the flower pot.

"Orchidious." After a second, a purple flower popped up from the pot.

"Woah, I did it!" I cried excitedly. Karl laughed as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you!" I smiled at Karl as he let go of me and put a hand on my shoulder. He tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear and gently placed a hand on my cheek.

"Did I tell you how pretty you are?" Karl asked sweetly. I blushed and looked away smiling, pushing his hand away.

"You don't need to." Karl placed his hand back on my cheek, our faces mere inches apart.

"Yet I always do." With that, he closed the space between us in a kiss.

|
|
|
|

I opened my eyes and readied my wand as Lupin opened the chest. The Boggart dementor flew out, staring me down with its soulless eyes. I took a deep breath and pointed my wand at it.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted. As soon as I did, a burst of silver light appeared at the end of my wand, blocking the dementor from getting closer, the powerful memory giving me strength. I cracked a surprised smiled as the light kept blocking the dementor. I guided the Boggart back into the chest and as soon as it was inside, Lupin shut the door.

"Well done!" he cried, looking at me in amazement. "Well done, Y/N!" I leaned against the wall, exhausted from the charm and gratefully took the chocolate from Lupin. 

There really was power in memories.

————

I clutched my books close to my chest as I walked down the halls of Hogwarts.

"Hey, Y/N!" I turned around and immediately smiled. Karl ran up to me, his Gryffindor tie tied loosely. I went over to him and kissed him as soon as he stopped in front of me. We pulled away and he put an arm around my waist as we kept walking.

"How was your meeting with Lupin?" Karl asked.

"It was good," I replied. "I think I got the Patronus charm down."

"That sounds cool!" Karl said. "How does it work?" I smiled and stopped, pulling him to the side.

"It works like a shield, but you need a happy memory to conjure the shield." Karl slowly smiled and leaned closer to me.

"Really?" he said, mock playfulness in his voice. "And which memory did you pick?" I didn't answer, and I just kissed him gently. I broke away with a smile.

"My memory," I said softly, "Was our first kiss." Karl let out a giggle, making me giggle too.

"This is why I love you," he said as he put his arm around my waist again and we kept walking down the hall.

Excuse me while I go cry over how much fluff is in this imagine. I love Dream SMP and I love Harry Potter, so I went "squish!" and made this imagine. Hope you liked it!

Stay poggers, muffinheads!