twenty five.

———

———

"The Royals?"

"Yeah it's so cool. Can you imagine if I ever got to meet the royals just to do their hair?"

For the last three weeks Harry has been in Australia, he calls me everyday. Every single day. He tells me how the shows went and then he asks me all about my day. Usually it's the same response because nothing interesting really happens in my life, yet he still cares enough to ask me every single day.

Today, however, has been different. Very different. For me, life changing different. Today Andy informed me of the upcoming interview he has with the British Vogue. At first I though nothing of it. I thought, okay he's just telling me this because he'll be busy all afternoon next week for the interview.

This wasn't the case.

He told me he wants me to be his feature for the interview, meaning I'd be interviewed with him.

He wants me to represent his whole business alongside him for this big magazine. Me.

Of course I said yes because it's a no brainer. Who wouldn't say yes? Not only is this a rare opportunity for someone as young as me but this also means I'll be recognised. People in this industry will know my name because of my association with this salon and my work that'll be talked about in the magazine.

Andy said he chose me because he sees the potential I have in my future and that I'm his best stylist, regardless of my age and lack of years in this line of professionalism. I remember at the start Andy promised me he would be a mentor type figure in my career, and that's exactly what he's been doing.

I am beyond grateful for Andy and the opportunities that he's about to open up for me.

"Imagine if you met the queen. Wouldn't that be sick." Harry laughs. Today on lunch after Andy informed me of everything that'll be happening with the interview we continued talking and he told me probably the coolest thing ever, cool to me at least, about him having a royal warrant to provide them with his services.

"Sick?" I laugh at his choice of words. He always uses the word but recently I've been picking up on the tiniest details about him that never registered before.

"Yeah sick. What's wrong with sick?"

"It's so..." I trail off, "I don't know, ten year old doing a science experiment."

I hear him laugh on the other end of the line. "Your comparisons to things are so oddly specific."

"My mind works in different ways to the normal, inferior human."

"Ah, so you're not human. That explains it."

I scoff. "Explains what?"

"Oh nothing, nothing." Harry changes the topic. "Do you still talk to Luke?"