fifty three.

———

———

   Jesus Christ. Normally I'm not one to say the Lord's name in vain, but I feel like right now I'm being toyed with.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." I mutter to myself as I listen to the phone ringing. On the third ring, he answers.

"Hey, I'm soon there." Harry's voice sounds through the speaker that's against my ear, sounding like he is in fact driving.

"Can you pick me up a pregnancy test?"

   Yeah, that's right. I'm late. It's been three fucking weeks and I have yet to bleed. I said I'd give it until my birthday, and well, here we are. My twenty first birthday, and my one year anniversary with the man I love, and I think might be pregnant.

"Come again?" Harry asks, though I know he heard me the first time.

   I stare at the negative test that sits on the counter in my bathroom because when I woke up this morning and threw up, soon after realising that I'm late, I went to Emma's bathroom and found a single pregnancy test left from the time she had her own pregnancy scare with Niall.

"Harry, please hurry up and get here with it because I'm starting to freak out and I love you and all but I really, really don't want kids right now. I'm like eighty percent sure I'm not pregnant but that's still twenty percent unsure and I really don't like those odds." I ramble out of nervous habit, now that I'm saying this out loud it's really hitting me. My anxiety getting the best of me... "Fuck." I suddenly curse, remembering my meds.

"What? What happened?" Harry asks out of concern. I'm pretty sure my cursing cut him off from speaking but I wasn't paying attention to him, more so to what I've just realised.

"I'm an idiot that's what happened!" I exclaim suddenly, my hand hitting my forehead as I start regretting a decision I made the other day.

"You're not an idiot. What's wrong?"

   Wow, I'm all over the place right now.

"Can you please just get here soon? There's something else really important that I need to talk to you about but right now I need to go do something." I briefly half-explain to him why I'm being so chaotic right now.

"Okay, I'll be there soon. Take a breath, everything will be fine." he says, sounding like he's trying to convince me and himself. Maybe he's just as freaked out as I am.

Harry and I end the call shortly after and I immediately run back into my room, rummaging through my bedside table drawer until I find the box of pills I usually take for my anxiety. It's empty, which I knew it would be but for some reason I had hope of it magically being filled.

My judgement is normally at its peak at all times. I never really falter with the decisions I make because normally they're good ones. However, I may have made a stupid, stupid decision a few weeks ago.