sixty.

———

———

Driving around LA and seeing the Christmas decorations already up is really making me want to put up my decorations too. I normally wait until the first of December to decorate my house, but living in Los Angeles for almost two whole years now is affecting that tradition. I need to buy a tree first though, maybe I'll do that next week.

   In the general Beachwood Canyon area, there's quite a few houses which are fully decked out for the holidays already. Sometimes I forget that my neighbourhood is filled with rich people. Sometimes I forget I'm classified as a rich person. Whenever I remember, I start to spiral down this rabbit hole of realising most of my friends are multi-millionaires. What do people even spend all this money on?

   Harry has started this vintage car collection. I can never take myself seriously when I say that out loud to myself. Why does he need a bunch of old ass cars? I don't know, but they look cool. He's never let me drive any of them because they're "his babies" but that will change one day. Although he has quite a few cars, he doesn't have my dream car. A baby blue 1979 Mercedes 450SL. It's so oddly specific but I've been fixated on owning one of those cars since I was thirteen and watched a few episodes of Murder, She Wrote where the car was shown.

  Speaking of Harry and cars, his Mercedes-Benz 230SL is parked on the street outside my house when I pull into my driveway. He was so impressed by me when I could name the exact models of all his cars the first time I saw them, but that's because growing up with my brother also led me to pick up random knowledge about cars. That knowledge grew into a fascination and now here we are.

   Looking at Harry's car again when I get out of my car and shut the door, I smile because he is finally making good use of that key I gave him all those months ago.

   It's around midday and I only have roughly fifteen minutes to be at home and try to destress myself before I have to go to a meeting with Chelsea and Melissa. We're consulting with our lawyer today about the plans to open our salon sometime in the near future. I'm the main investor while Chelsea and Melissa are going to run the place everyday, considering I tend to travel a lot for jobs instead of staying strictly in LA.

   I spoke to Quinn today, actually just ten minutes ago. I know he's my brother and all but he really fucking pisses me off. Christmas is in roughly six weeks and he's already on my ass about going back to Barbados with him. About two months ago we got into the same argument, over me not going home for Christmas. It always ends in me-

"Georgette!" Harry picks me up from behind, his arms around my waist and makes the skirt of my dress ride up slightly before he places me on the ground again. "How come you're home so early? It's only..." he trails off and lifts my right wrist, checking the time. "Noon," he drops my wrist and squeezes me tight.

I stretch my arm forward and pull my keys out of the lock in the door because Harry just surprised me while I was turned around and locking it. "How come you're at my house? Finally figured out the key I gave you works?"