seventy four.

———

———

"Angel."

   His voice fills the loud silence and I turn around to see where it's coming from, although when I turn around, he's not there.

"Angel."

   I hear it again and turn once more, this time being met with a piano three feet away from me.

"Angel."

   To my right I can feel his presence. I turn and there he is, bringing a smile to my face.

"Angel, I've missed you." he smiles softly.

"I've missed you too." I try to take a step towards him, however, I'm unable to move. "Please, don't leave me again."

"You've got it all wrong, angel." he shakes his head, still wearing that golden smile.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, confused.

"You're the one who left me."

   His words burn my heart. He's right. I did leave him, but I didn't want to. I needed to.

"I wrote a song about you," he begins speaking again and suddenly he's sitting in front of the piano. "Would you like to hear it?" he looks up to me, a sad expression written all over his face.

"Yes." I answer.

   He gives me a smile, one that masks pain, before he begins to play the keys. I'm drawn to him, I want to touch him. Yet whenever I try, he seems to move further away. Why?

"Sit with me." he says and I take a step forward but I can't move again. There's something blocking me.

"Harry?" I call his name but he doesn't seem to hear me.

   His voice fills the room along with the sound of the piano he plays. He's singing although I can't hear the lyrics. Somehow I know it's a beautiful song that seems to hold so much pain. Pain that I caused.

"Harry?" I try again and he still doesn't hear me.

   I reach my hand out in front of me and it immediately hits something. What is this?

"Harry, can you hear me?" I try once more. Same outcome.

   Reaching out again, I hit the same thing. I don't know what it is but I have no time to think about it because something else catches my attention. Water.

   I look down at my feet and see my ankles are covered in water. Where's it coming from?

"Harry!" I call his name even louder but he still doesn't hear me.

   Looking at his face, he looks hurt. I hurt him. This is my fault.

"Harry!"

   The water starts rising faster except now it's not rising on my side of the invisible wall, only Harry's. I watch it start to speed up as it begins to spill from the piano as well.