thirty three.

———

———

   Today is the day.

   Our day.

   Our birthday.

   By our I mean Lily and I.

   I never celebrate my birthday. Not since she died anyways. I don't know, it's just never felt right to celebrate without my literal other half. Everyone who knows me knows this about me too.

   Birthday parties are never thrown for me. I don't really get presents because I always insist my friends don't get my anything. The most I do is say thank you when people wish me a happy birthday.

   This year is slightly different. How? Well this year I'm actually going to be with the boys for my birthday and with Harry's birthday being the day after mine, we're celebrating for him. Except we're celebrating tonight, on my birthday.

   Of course the boys know I don't celebrate my birthday but we're still kind of celebrating a little bit. It's more than what I normally do anyways.

   It's kind of early right now, almost half past eight. I woke up about ten minutes ago but to an empty bed which was weird because Harry fell asleep next to me last night. I was too lazy to get up but then I saw that there was a note left on my beside table from him saying to stay here, so I did. Harry left that note along with a copy of today's LA Times and he told me to read it to occupy myself. I started to and it's actually quite interesting but I still prefer the internet.

   Just as I'm halfway through the paper, the door opens and in walks Harry. My eyes widen at what's in his hands. I fold the paper in half and rest it down back on the table as he approaches me.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a smile on my face. He rests a tray down in my lap, containing a small plate with croissants on it, a bowl of strawberries and coffee that smells like heaven.

"Happy birthday angel." he leans forward and places a kiss on my lips, handing me a bouquet of the most beautiful, light pink roses.

I swear my smile cannot get any bigger. "Thank you." I place the flowers next to me on the table as well. "Come sit." I pat the spot on the bed next to me. Picking up the coffee, I take a sip of it and it's perfect.

"Did I make it right? Because you always switch how you make your coffee and-"

I cut off his rambling. "It's perfect." I kiss him on the cheek. "You know you really didn't have to do all this."

He takes my right hand in his loosely and I squeeze his once. It feels good to be able to use my hand again. "I know but I wanted to. You deserve it." he lets go of my hand and leans back against the headboard fully like I am.

"Thank you." I repeat and pick up a strawberry, taking a bite out of it. "Hey, isn't your guys' new music video out?" I switch the topic quickly and look over at him, just to see he didn't even hear what I asked, too busy staring at my lips while I eat. "Harry Edward."