ninety six.

merry christmas!! update 4/4

———

December 11th 2020, Los Angeles

One Direction shock fans and release music video FIVE YEARS after filming

*scroll to view*

Back in the year 2015, there was speculation that former boy band sensation, One Direction, was recording a music video for their song 'Infinity' following their hairstylist, Lou Teasdale, posting this picture on her Instagram.

Following this was the release of video footage taken by paparazzi.

*scroll for video*

The band never released the music video, however, and never seemed to give a reason why. Fans have spent years coming up with conspiracy theories as to why the video was never published, having many questions with no answers.

Today, December 11th 2020, Directioners everywhere were shocked when at midnight the band's official YouTube channel premiered a music video titled 'Infinity (Official Music Video)'. Many took to Twitter to express their confusion, at first thinking the account had been hacked. This was quickly put to rest as everyone realised it was a legit music video and not a sham.

The music video features the four boys, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne, in 2015 singing in front of a wall with the words 'INFINITY' surrounded by artwork relating to the band. Taking a page out of their 'You & I' music video, the camera zoomed into the eyes of Harry Styles and then panned back out to reveal the older versions of the boys in the exact same positions.

After the release of the video, some fans pointed out their confusion about former band member, Zayn Malik, and his position in the band currently. Zayn departed One Direction in 2015 shortly after they started the On The Road Again tour, but he appeared at a reunion performance on the ten year anniversary of One Direction during Louis Tomlinson's show on the same night in Vancouver. The five boys serenade the audience with a piano version of their hit 'You & I' on the anniversary, but only four appeared in the music video for 'Infinity'. Of course, Zayn was not on the original song nor in the 2015 footage, but fans still have many questions.