seventy nine.

———

———

I think Zayn is my platonic soulmate.

   Between Zayn and I, there is a level of understanding we have with each other that we don't have with anyone else. My friendship with him is different compared to me and Emma or me and Liam.

   Even though Zayn and Gigi are complicated right now, she understands the relationship Z and I have. Always has understood. Jacques... I think the only reason he is so open to my closeness with Zayn is because I've never dated him. But regardless, even if he didn't understand I wouldn't let that affect us.

"Rose, look." Zayn grabs my attention away from our friend leaving the stage. "I have goosebumps."

I start laughing and bring my arm up next to his. "Oh my god, me too."

   The Taylor Swift effect.

   Zayn and I took the subway to the bus terminal and then took a bus from New York to New Jersey, just to see Taylor's final show at the MetLife stadium. Taking a bus is fun because nobody gives a shit who you are or where you're going. Except this one girl who sat a little further up from us. She scanned me from head to toe as we were getting on and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever received in my life. I told Zayn and he said she was probably jealous of how hot I look. I elbowed him in the ribs afterwards.

   Although he was right, I did look hot. Full leather tends to have that effect.

   Tonight's the first time I've ever been to one of Taylor's shows, being that I wasn't her biggest fan before her last tour concluded

   Tonight's the first time I've ever been to one of Taylor's shows, being that I wasn't her biggest fan before her last tour concluded. What a show to be my first. I'm choosing to pretend she chose to sing an acoustic version of Enchanted tonight because she knows that's one of my top three songs in her entire discography.

"I can't believe it's over." I turn fully to Zayn.

"I think I need to process that experience before we go see her."

"Same." I agree.

   The setlist was amazing. I can't even pick a favourite performance, though I did especially love Style into Love Story into You Belong With Me as well as Bad Blood into Should've Said No. Obviously Enchanted was up there too and— This is exactly why it is impossible to pick a favourite.