ninety eight.

———

———

January 14th 2021, Los Angeles

God, I feel like I'm going to throw up. You would think that with all the experience I have interviewing people, I would not be nervous at all to be the interviewee. Or even when Harry and I did those other interviews together, I wasn't anxious in the slightest.

Unfortunately, that is not the case tonight. I'm preparing myself to go out and be the first guest on The Late Late Show With James Corden. And, yes, I'm just about a wreck.

"Baby, you're gonna be fine." My husband — it's still so weird calling Harry that — has been trying to calm me down for roughly the last ten minutes.

I've been pacing three steps in front of him, shaking my hands out at my sides and refusing to look him in the eyes. "You keep telling me that."

"Because it's true." Tentatively, he makes a step toward me.

"I don't care, it's not helping."

"You and Zayn are the same person, I swear." And another.

I briefly halt to look at him directly as I ask, "Why? Is he freaking out too?"

"Just as much as you are. Gi is trying to talk him down."

My response is a sarcastic, "That's comforting." I begin to pace again.

And Harry says, "Whatever helps you then sure." He steps closer to me and finally puts his hands on my shoulders to stop me from moving around so much. "You're only going to be out there by yourself for a little bit anyway." He hugs me into him. "Zayn will join you before you know it."

I decide to wrap my arms around Harry's torso, returning the hug, when someone walks down the hallway and calls out to everyone, "Two minutes!"

"I'm actually going to throw up."

"You are not going to throw up, Hails."

I take a deep breath in and with my face buried against Harry's chest, his scent follows. He smells like home to me and that's just about all the motivation I need to pull myself together.