fifty eight.

———

———

My throat burns from the third shot of tequila I've just taken. I squeeze my eyes shut before I open them again, meeting the amusement written all over Kendall Jenner's face.

"I didn't expect you of all people to have been arrested before." Her perfectly curled hair, courtesy of me, falls over her shoulders as she leans forward in laughter.

   We're playing never have I ever, with alcohol because we're in London and she's legal here.

"Can you please, please, please give us a story time?" She holds her hands together in plea and then glances at the camera. "I'm sure the fans would love to know as well."

I slit my eyes at the girl before I too face the direction Kendall is looking in, but instead looking at Emma standing behind the camera. "You set me up and purposely chose that question."

Emma grins. "Maybe so."

"What is this?" I let my head fall back as I realise I've drank to all three questions we've answered so far while Kendall has only drank once. So far, they've included 'never have I ever tried to kiss someone while drunk', 'never have I ever cut my own hair', and 'never have I ever been cheated on'. Kendall drank to the 'trying to kiss someone while drunk' because I gave her this story of her trying to kiss me once while she was completely off her face.

Emma answers, "Kendall is right, you should give a story time."

I let out an exasperated sigh and then my eyes find the camera for a moment. "Okay, fine." I turn to Kendall as she claps her hands together in excitement. "It was during one summer when I had gone back to Barbados to visit my friends, I was seventeen at the time. It's really not that exciting, I swear. We were skating down this road and we got to the boardwalk, where you're not allowed to skate."

"Did you guys do it anyways?" Kendall asks when I pause and I nod my head yes. "Is that the reason you're a criminal?"

"First of all, I'm not a criminal. Second of all, it's not the exact reason." I continue, "We did skate down the boardwalk when we weren't supposed to and we did get yelled at by some man to stop. Obviously we didn't listen. He started to run after us so we kind of sped up our pace. There are some abandoned properties along the boardwalk so my friend came up with the genius plan to climb over a wall and hide from the man."

"Oh no," the girl sitting opposite me laughs in anticipation of where this story is headed.

"It gets better." Emma adds before I resume speaking.

"I'm sure you've already guessed that that's what we did. Our boards were thrown in a bush just outside the property before the five of us made our way quickly over the wall. It wasn't very high so it was pretty easy to scale. Anyways, we climbed it and ran further into the yard where we were then met with this man just standing there watching us. We froze at the same time he did. He looked homeless so we just silently assumed that was where he slept before we all turned and ran the opposite direction. The homeless-looking man started yelling for us to come back to him and not enter the house. We halted again when we saw he had this big rock in his hand and was still yelling at us.