eighty eight.

an

an. second chapter of the double update!

———

October 10th, 2019

Harry's POV:

As a teenager, I never really was allowed to speak what I was actually thinking. With media training too, I've been sort of forced to never speak in a raw way to the public. Although I've adapted to this and am now more fond of retaining some form of privacy when I talk about myself in interviews or to the general public, there's still a deep desire to share all my secrets with someone.

I think I like the idea of remaining a mystery to people, for them not to know what is actually true about me. And I think Hayley helped me develop this mindset over the years. During my time in the band, I would have loved nothing more than to deny the things said about me in the media. I used to get stressed out when people said things about me that weren't true, it used to really affect me. But from admiring Hayley and the way she handles others' perceptions of her, I've learned to do the same.

As for the need to open up to someone, Hayley is my person. She is the one, the only one I can strip my soul bare for.

Track 1: Golden

Golden, golden, golden / As I open my eyes / Hold it, focus, hoping / Take me back to the light / I know you were way too bright for me / I'm hopeless, broken / So you wait for me in the sky / Browns my skin just right

You're so golden / You're so golden / I'm out of my head / And I know that you're scared / Because hearts get broken

I wrote an album about my girl - she doesn't know that yet, though. As we lay next to each other in the grass, overlooking the sea from my backyard, Hayley will slowly find out the entire album is about her.

I stay quiet as I play the first song for her. I want her to really listen to the lyrics before I tell her what it's about. Or rather, who it's about. I want to tell her everything and I want her to be the first person to listen to the album with me from start to finish. That's why I picked today to do this, the day before the first single comes out.

"Initial thoughts?" I ask her somewhat nervously a few seconds after the track ends. Hayley is my biggest supporter, I think she rivals my mother when it comes to being my fan, so I really care about what she thinks of the songs.

Hayley isn't looking at me, she watches the sky instead. "It's beautiful, but painful. It sounds like fear of being alone disguised by a more upbeat tune. I love it, I think it perfectly describes hope and the feeling of falling in love." She explains her analysis and I'm impressed by the depth she has in understanding the song after just one listen.

My lips turn up in a smile. "I want to tell you about the songs after you listen, but I don't know where to start."

She turns her head towards me. "Let's pretend this is an interview, except you're telling me everything you want to say to me. Pretend I'm here but don't address me directly. Just speak truthfully, like...like a stream of consciousness controls your words. No filter."