twenty nine.

———

———

Saying it's been a weird couple weeks would be an understatement.

"Wait what the fuck happened to you?" Niall says in concern, mid conversation, once he sees the cast on my arm.

   That's right. I broke my arm. Again.

   Third time's the charm right?

   But trust me, that's not the craziest thing I've done this week.

"Skating, nothing major." I brush it off because I've been there, done that.

   The first time I broke my arm was when my brother pushed me off the swings when we were younger, visiting our grandparents in France. I remember Lily threw rocks at him afterwards which made me laugh no matter how much pain I was in.

   Then the second time, I was skating when I broke it. I'm pretty sure ninety nine percent of all skaters have a story of them fucking something up when they were trying a trick.

   Magic number three was also skating except, oh so lucky for me, it'll take two months to heal which is a couple weeks longer than the last times I broke it. Something about me breaking the arm before is going to cause the healing process to take longer, is what the nice doctor in the emergency room said to me.

"Is this why you want to move all of a sudden?" Niall asks on the FaceTime call we are currently on.

   Okay, so I may have done something out of impulse and I don't know if it'll turn out to be good or bad.

"Well this did have something to do with it, yes." I say with a look on my face.

"What'd you do?" he questions suspiciously.

"It's not a big deal.. okay?" I prepare myself to tell him.

"Out with it now, Georgia." he snaps his fingers to hurry me up.

"I quit my job." I say simply.

"You what!" Niall exclaims the moment the words leave my lips. "Why'd you quit? I thought you loved it there!"

"I did but I can't work for two months and I can't rely on that job forever anyways. Plus, I want to move out of London so badly Ni. I'm getting sick of it here. The only reason I'm here is because of that job and now I don't have that anymore because of my stupid arm."

"So what are you planning to do now?" he seems almost intrigued.

"Well that's why I was asking you so much about LA because..." I trail off to build suspension, "I want to move there and I think now is the perfect time." I say excitedly.

   I've been talking about this move, mostly to myself, ever since I visited for the first time back in August. I fell in love with the city and I feel like I really should be there. The breaking of my arm was the last straw, the last final push I needed to finally send me over the edge and into the direction of Los Angeles.