forty four.

———

———

Hayley's POV:

   A couple weeks ago I came up with an idea. A time capsule. I don't know why I randomly thought about making a time capsule with my friends, but I did and I think it was actually fun.

My friends are like my surrogate family. If I ever let people in, I tend to hold onto them to replace the family-type love that I lack.

Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, Harry, and Emma have, over the last four to six years, become some of my closest friends. I do really consider them family at this point. I mean, they know everything about me.

Something I love to do is capture moments in time where all of us are being completely ourselves, hence some of the very obscure pictures I have in my camera roll. Moments like those should be cherished for a lifetime; for infinity.

   Everyone was on board with the time capsule thing. We made plans right before we left for New York to come over to Emma and I's place so we could bury it. To my surprise, everything actually ran smoothly.

"Tommo, tell me what you put in and I'll clean your bunk for you when we're on the road again." I overhear Liam trying to bribe Louis into telling him what he put in the time capsule.

"No!" I interject. "Nobody finds out what each other put in until we open it." I point my finger at the both of them.

"The two of them are so dense." Zayn says from next to me.

"You wanna know who's dense?" Louis begins and then proceeds to start up an 'argument' with Zayn.

Okay, so it wasn't as smooth as I meant it but still. Nobody got into a physical fight so I feel like that was a win in itself.

I stare at Harry digging a hole in the yard with Niall for us to bury the capsule in. I'm very much ignoring everyone talking around me, Liam and Emma having their own conversation while Zayn and Louis talk to each other.

"She's so whipped." I hear Louis say but I don't turn my head, pretending like I'm not completely eavesdropping on their conversation right now.

"Are you still sour you don't have a girl?" Zayn laughs at Louis. I then hear Zayn cuss and I assume it's because Louis hit him.

"Look at how she looks at him. All he's doing is digging a hole."

I decide to make a comment here. "Are you jealous because I have him and you don't?" I pout at him.