sixty two.

an

an. this is a double update so make sure you read chapter 61 before this!! enjoy, kisses <3

———

I've always been obsessed with the sunset, I don't know why. I love the way the sky turns from blue to pink and the clouds get that golden hue. If I'm watching it on the beach it's even better. I love the way the colours reflect against the ocean, creating a mirage of the world upside down in the waves. If I could paint, I'd only ever paint the sunset.

   Looking around me now, I see the blues of the sky slowly fading into the pinks of the setting sun. The moon is off in the distance, already out but not shining yet. If I look behind me where the sun is farthest from, it's already darker and I can see a few stars starting to litter the sky. I hug my legs and admire it.

   Besides watching the sun, I'm also watching him. I see to my right how the sun reflects so perfectly on his skin, almost like he's glowing. The light hits his eyes and they look greener, I could get lost in his eyes alone. A small smile plays on his lips as he watches the sky above us.

   I wonder what he's thinking about.

   The wind is slightly blowing, his hair going in the same direction that it does. He brings a hand up to his head and runs it through his hair, pushing it out of his face.

   That's when he looks at me.

   The smile on his face grows just a little bit, almost his infamous smirk but not quite. I feel myself smiling more, not even realising how much I was previously.

   I guess he just makes me that happy.

   He looks so ethereal. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that I get to call him mine. He's so perfect it should almost be a crime. It hurts knowing that he doesn't see it that way though. He can't find it in himself to love himself the way that I love him. I wish-

"I wish you could see yourself from my eyes." I speak my thoughts.

   His beautiful green eyes showcase his true emotion. They always say the eyes are the window to the soul. I can look into his eyes right now and no matter the smile on his face, his eyes reveal the sadness he's trying not to think about.

"Why?" his voice comes out slightly hoarse.

I look him in the eyes, completely focused on him. "Because, Harry, to me you are the most wonderful person ever. To me, you are the reason I smile in my weakest moments. To me, you are light in the darkness and I wish you could see that."

   I wish he could see that.

Harry takes a deep breath in then slowly lets it out. "I feel like I let them down."

"You didn't let them down."

"And I'm scared, Hails." He tells me and I'm confused why.

"Scared of what?"