|3.5| Quidditch Trials

***

THE TRIALS FOR QUIDDITCH came soon, and Grace was as excited as she was nervous. On Saturday morning, Oliver Wood held the trails for Quidditch. Grace among the many who were eager to join the team. Both Hermione and Ron were present for her trails. For Chaser position, there were total twelve students who had applied. 

After the trails were over, Grace felt she didn't did as bad as she thought she was going to do. Instead her confidence grew more after that. 

It was Fred and George who broke the news to her that she had been selected from the chaser position in the Gryffindor teams. At that moment Grace couldn't have been more happy. She had practically screamed in the Gryffindor common room when she found out the news.

But then came the training at the start of October. The Quidditch season was approaching, and Oliver Wood, Captain of the Gryffindor team, called a meeting on Thursday evening to discuss tactics for the new season.

Oliver Wood was a burly seventeen-year-old, now in his seventh and final year at Hogwarts. There was a quiet sort of desperation in his voice as he addressed his six fellow team members in the chilly locker rooms on the edge of the darkening Quidditch field.

"This is our last chance —my last chance — to win the Quidditch Cup," he told them, striding up and down in front of them. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world — injuries — then the tournament getting called off last year." Wood swallowed, as though the memory still brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best ruddy team in the school," he said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye. "We've got three superb Chasers."

Wood pointed at Grace Weasley, Angelina Johnson, and Katie Bell.

"And Grace," He said looking at her. "You're new on the team, but I have seen you flying. You're a very good chaser and a flyer. I expect the best from you."

Grace nodded.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," said Fred and George together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, glaring at Harry with a kind of furious pride. "And me," he added as an afterthought.