|6.3| O.W.L.s Result

***

GRACE WAS WOKEN UP next day by Ginny who pulled the curtains: The dazzling sunlight seemed to poke her hard in both eyes.. She groaned and buried her face in the pillows.

"What's it, Ginny?" Grace groaned from her pillow.

"Wake up." said the younger girl. "Why didn't you tell me that Harry came last night?"

When Grace didn't answer, Ginny snatched her bedsheets, making Grace bolt upright. 

"You were sleeping, that's why." said Grace yawning. She rubbed her eyes and saw both Ginny and Hermione standing in front of her.

"You should've at least told me," said Hermione. "I was sleeping next to you."

"Well, now you know." she said getting out of her bed. 

She stretched her arms and was going to make her way toward the bathroom when Ginny grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the door and up the stairs. Hermione followed behind them.

Ginny threw her through the door, following her inside with Hermione close behind. Ran sat with Harry on the bed.

"You," said Ginny pointing at Grace, "sit." Ginny pulled up a chair and pushed it behind Grace's legs, causing her knees to buckle and land ungratefully on the tattered wooden chair. Once she was seated, Hermione and Ginny took their seats as well.

"So, what's been going on?" Ron asked eagerly.

"Nothing much," said Harry. "I've just been stuck at my aunt and uncle's, haven't I?"

"Come off it!" said Ron. "You two have been off with Dumbledore!"

"It wasn't that exciting." said Grace shrugging. "He just wanted me and Harry to help him persuade this old teacher to come out of retirement. His name's Horace Slughorn."

"Oh," said Ron, looking disappointed. "We thought —"

Hermione flashed a warning look at Ron, and Ron changed tack at top speed.

"— we thought it'd be something like that."

Grace narrowed her eyes at both of them. 

"You did?" said Harry, amused.

"Yeah . . . yeah, now Umbridge has left, obviously we need a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, don't we? So, er, what's he like?"

"He looks a bit like a walrus, and he used to be Head of Slytherin," said Harry.