|5.26| Career advice

***

"BUT WHY HAVEN'T YOU got Occlumency lessons anymore?" said Hermione, frowning.

"I've told you," Harry muttered. "Snape reckons I can carry on with Grace now I've got the basics. . . ."

"So you've stopped having funny dreams?" said Hermione skeptically.

"Pretty much," said Harry, not looking at her.

Grace raised an eyebrow at Harry. As much as Snape hated her, she was sure that he would have said something if he wanted Grace to continue teaching Harry occlumency. 

"Well, I don't think Snape should stop until you're absolutely sure you can control them!" said Hermione indignantly. "Harry, I think you should go back to him and ask —"

"No," said Harry forcefully. "Just drop it, Hermione, okay?"

"Hermine, it's okay. I can teach him." said Grace gently.

"Not without supervision," pushed Hermione. 

Grace rolled her eyes but did say anything. 

It was the first day of the Easter holidays and Hermione, as was her custom, had spent a large part of the day drawing up study schedules for the three of them. Grace, Harry and Ron had let her do it — it was easier than arguing with her and, in any case, they might come in useful.

Just as Hermione handed them their schedules, Grace whispered to Harry, "Snape didn't let you off lessons, did he?"

"well, he did in a way." said Harry sheepishly. 

"Harry James Potter, what did you do?"

"I may have seen my dad, your dad — Sirius — and his friends bully Snape in the penseive. . ."

Grace blinked at him. "My dad?"

Harry looked at Hermione and Ron who were in some sort of argument and led Grace toward the empty corner so that no could hear them. They he told her everything that he saw in the penseive. How both their fathers bullied Snape, while Lupin only watched, and how their mothers, Lily and Tatiana stood up against them.

"I can't believe this," muttered Grace. "Our fathers were so cruel to Snape? No wonder he hates us."

"yeah." Harry nodded grimly. 

"I always though that dad was — "

She broke off sadly. 

"hey, you two!" Ron called. "What're you doing?"