A Marvelous Jam Session

- - -

The muffled sound of quick, repetitive banging that could be heard echoing down one of the halls in the Watchtower, the room doing the bare minimum to silence the sound coming from within. 

Many heroes that passed the room wondered who- or what could be inside making that sound, but since the door was always locked when someone tried to open it, most left it be.

Most, that is, except for Barry Allen. The speedster had made it his mission to try and get into that unmarked room and figure out just what those sounds were- as well as just who was making them.

The blonde had been trying for nearly a month to get into the room, but he'd never managed to catch just who was going into the room. He'd always be called away or just barely catch sight of the edge of a person- never enough to give him any real clue of who it could be.

The man was getting frustrated and frankly, pretty annoyed. He'd started asking the various heroes around him if they'd ever seen anyone go into or come out of the room, only to get strange stress or dismissals. 

No one really seemed to care as much as he did- something that frustrated the man to no end.

"Why did you drag me along to this again?" Hal asked with an annoyed drawl, leaning against the wall as Barry peered around the corner and stared at the unmarked door.

"Because you owe me one and this is what I'm deciding to cash in on," Barry replied, eyes narrowing at the door. "You can't tell me you're not at least curious," he said, glancing back at the unimpressed brunet. Hal shook his head slowly.

"I'm really not. Whoever uses that room obviously got permission from the big three to use it permanently- if they wanted people in there, they'd leave the door unlocked, Barry. Why can't you just respect their privacy?" he asked, coming closer to the speedster and leaning against the wall opposite of him.

"It's become an obsession for you," Hal continued as Barry kept his eyes on the door. "You're not even listening to me."

"I am, I am- obsession and whatnot, yeah whatever."

Barry furrowed his brow at the sight of Captain Marvel coming down the hall- that in itself was nothing out of the ordinary, but the anger and turmoil etched into his face was. 

Flash was pretty sure he'd never seen the man even get upset before- what could have brought this on?

"Look at Cap," he said, unknowingly interrupting Hal. The Lantern rolled his eyes and glanced at the demigod, annoyance leaving his face and being replaced with confusion at the sight of the man.

"Whoa... what's up with him?" he asked, watching as the raven continued to walk down the hall, only to stop at the door and wave a glowing hand over it. It opened and the man walked in, only for the door to slam shut behind him.

"Well there you go- Cap's your culprit. Can we go now? I heard they got pizza in the mess hall," Hal said, grabbing hold of Flash's arm to tug him away.

The blonde resisted though, staring at the door with wide eyes. The familiar banging started up, the sound faint and muffled, but not silent.

"Barry, let's go. Isn't this enough revelations for one day?" Hal asked, only for the speedster to vanish from beside him and appear in front of the door. The brunet rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the man. 

"You're gonna give me an aneurysm..." he muttered to himself, walking closer to the blonde. Bary reached out, putting his hand on the handle experimentally.