Power Personified

Magic flows through his veins, it comes to him naturally- but no one really realizes just how much power the Captain really has. Well, Black Adam does, but he's an ass most of the time.

- - -

The ground around him was strewn with fallen trees and debris, pulled up graze and overturned boulders. The wind blew dust across the now barren landscape, dark, swirling clouds covering the sunlight that should have been streaming down on them. 

Lightning crackled in the sky as Captain Marvel hovered in the air, electricity thundering behind his eyes as he stared at his opponent.

He was breathing heavily, his cape in tatters and suit with multiple tears in it. Lightning danced around his large and imposing form, his hood still on his head and shadowing his glowing eyes. 

They'd been at this for too long, the hero couldn't even remember when they'd started this battle, but he knew he was going to finish it.

Blood stained the corner of his mouth and he brought his hand up to wipe it away, dark red smearing on his golden gauntlets. He glanced to his side, looking at his sister Mary, who looked equally worse for wear. 

Her cape was also in shreds, her white skirt with multiple tears in it. Her hair was ruffled and she had a bruise forming on her jaw. The brunet looked at him and gave him a determined look.

"I'm fine," she assured him, a small smile on her face- thank the Gods he had her. her fists were clenched, the same lightning that clung to him circling her form as well.

Captain Marvel turned his attention back to the task at hand, a large, monstrous creature that looked like it had leaped straight off the pages of the Book of the Damned.

Long, spindly legs covered in matted, grey fur held up a gnarled, thrashing beast. Claws the size of horses sprouted from its paws, a hellish red glow coming from them as it scorched the earth wherever they were placed. Thorn-like spikes sprouted from its appendages and trailed down its thick, hide-covered spine.

The beast towered over the farmhouses that dotted the land, the homes barely coming half-way up its legs. It seemed to glow from the inside out, orange light seeping through cracks in its skin. 

A pair of bug-like heads sat atop its shoulders, both with glowing red eyes and gnarled, jutting fangs that slid against one another whenever it opened its mouths. 

Long, blade-like spikes jutted out from its shoulders, cutting down any attempts to get close to the monstrosity at it rampaged, as its long, slick tail whipped back and forth angrily.

The twins had shown up after sensing a magical surge of energy, magical energy, in this place, and had instantly been thrown into the heat of battle without a chance to call for backup.

The raven-haired man assured his sister that something this big couldn't go unnoticed by the Watchtower's cameras, but no one else had shown up yet, and they'd been at this for too long. They had the stamina of Atlas, yes, but this was getting to be too much, even for them.