Reckless

- - -

Honestly, Billy should have expected something like this to happen eventually. You couldn't be friends with vigilantes and crime fighters and NOT expect them to end up crashing at your place after a long night of patrolling at some point.

Still, walking past his bathroom at 2 in the morning in nothing but superman-themed boxers and finding the light on and Damien Wayne of all people sitting on his sink attempting to stitch himself up was not something the 16-year-old had been prepared for.

"How did you get in here?" he asked as he leaned against the doorframe, watching Damien wince as he awkwardly attempted to stitch his upper arm with his left hand.

"Through the window," Damien replied casually, never looking up from his arm and in fact attempting to concentrate further if the furrow of his brows were anything to go by.

"So you broke in through the window," Billy said with a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. Hopefully, the boy wonder hadn't broken any glass- it wasn't like Billy could replace it on a building that was supposed to be abandoned.

"Yes, Batson," Damien said with a roll of his eyes, wincing as the needle moved through his skin.

"I'm on the 8th floor, Damien."

"Your point?"

Billy sighed. "Let me see that. You keep going at it that way and you're gonna end up with crooked stitches and a weird-looking scar," he said, pushing himself off the doorframe and walking to the sink.

 He took the needle and thread from the 18-year-old and poured some rubbing alcohol over the gash before continuing what Damien started.

"Mugging?" Billy asked conversationally, as if stitching up one of your closest friends in the bathroom of your condemned apartment was something normal.

Well, it was for them at least.

"There were more than I anticipated and they got the better of me momentarily," the elder of the two said with a glare, causing Billy to grin.

"Sure, Dames."

"You know how I feel about nicknames, Batson."

"I know you haven't tried to stop me yet."

"You're a pain."

"Careful, Damien, or i'll put those crotcheting classes to good use and stitch a bat into your skin," Billy threatened idly with a grin. Damien simply rolled his eyes in response.

"Have you been eating?"

"When I can."

Damien shifted slightly. "You know father doesn't mind giving you mo-" he cut himself off at the look Billy gave him.

"And you know how I feel about handouts. I'm fine– I start working next week, so I'll finally have a steady source of income besides raking leaves and delivering groceries," Billy retorted.

Damien looked around with a sigh. "I bet your parents weren't as prideful as you are."

"It's not pride, Damien. I just don't want anyone to have to worry about me. I've taken care of myself just fine for the past 8 years, I can keep doing so, okay?"

The older raven scoffed at him.

"Besides, you're one to talk when it comes to pride," Billy said with a smirk, getting a kick to the nose in response. "HEY!"

"You're lucky I like you, Batson."

"I know, Dami."

"Nickname..."

"You know you love it."

- - -