Lunch Date (SPOILERS!)

( Missing scene time! )

- - -

If you had told the kid a month ago that he'd be flying over Metropolis looking for the Man of Steel himself in order to get him to have lunch with him and his foster brother, he'd have asked just how many drugs you were on before booking it in the other direction.

Then again, last month he didn't really have superpowers...or a foster home full of new siblings that he was finally coming around to. It was the first time in a long time that he actually, genuinely felt welcome somewhere. 

Darla's constant physical affection, Mary's occasional hair tousle, Pedro's light punches to the arm, even Eugene's ranting whenever he beat the younger boy at Mortal Kombat. 

They'd quickly risen from people he lived with to his friends, and were on their way even further up to being considered his family.

The one that had solidified it for him though, the one that honestly, kept him from running away in the first place, was Freddy. 

The crutch-wielding superhero nerd with a nearly shattered kneecap and a mouth so wide he could shove both feet inside-- he was his best friend.

Which, wasn't that a weird thought. Billy didn't think he'd ever had a best friend before. 

When you were on the streets you couldn't afford to look out for anyone else besides yourself; sure, it didn't really stop Billy from pitching in to help some of the other folk that were down on their luck like him, but there was no way he'd have been able to have someone constantly at his side and not feel guilty.....or annoyed.

With the Vasquez's though... he didn't have to worry. They had a house with heating and food consistently on the table, Mr. Vasquez was pretty well off with a bat, and if anything major ever happened... well, let's just say that most superheroes don't appreciate their homes being attacked.

Shazam shook the thoughts from his head-- he really needed to focus on the task at hand.

He had been there for nearly 10 minutes already and hadn't seen hide or tail of big blue, and he was starting to get discouraged. Maybe Superman was off fighting some threat in Metropolis that he couldn't see? 

He'd only been around like, half the city, so it was a possibility. 

The red-clad hero touched down on top of a golden globe, the symbol that sat on top of the publishing company the Daily Planet's building.

The man crossed his arms over his chest and looked around, brows furrowed in thought. He decided to take a seat on the massive golden ball, kicking back and looking around. 

Metropolis was huge- way bigger than Fawcett, so there was no telling where Superman could--