Fun-Sized Escape Plan

- - -

Why was it that whenever Billy really didn't want to do something, the universe had a way of making sure that he had to, one way or another?

He hadn't wanted to get close to the blonde boy with crutches and a personality three times his size, but he had-- and Freddy had turned out to be his closest friend and eventual brother.

He hadn't wanted to join the Justice League for the fear of looking like a moron in front of his heroes, and yet, two years in, here he was, cracking jokes with Flash or talking magic with Zatara and Dr. Fate.

He hadn't wanted to go on the mission that had way too many variables for his liking, but when Batman had said that Sivanna was involved, he knew he was going to have to. People tended to underestimate the egghead.

The universe had a way of spitting in his face when he didn't want to do something and essentially telling him that he was going to do it anyway, whether he liked it or not.

Look where that got him-- in a chamber that stripped the League of their powers (or in Batman's case, like, all of his gear) sitting against the wall, chewing on his bottom lip while the others tried to formulate some kind of plan.

The only thing they had come up with so far was that the vent on the wall was loose, could be opened and someone could go through-- but everyone was way too big.

Even Nightwing, who was much thinner than some of the other heroes, couldn't fit through the opening. Cap had tuned out after a minute, knowing what needed to be done but honestly, not wanting to do it. 

The thought of it made his stomach flip and twist, giving him a queasy feeling of dread. He hoped that the others would find another way out. Maybe a kink in the security system or a way to short-circuit whatever it was that was keeping their powers from them.

Green Lantern was getting frustrated if his yelling was anything to go by.

"Seriously?! The best Earth has to offer, stuck in a god damn cell, and the only thing keeping us from escaping is a VENT?!" he threw up his hands in frustration. "The universe is laughing at us! Laughing!"

"Lantern, cool your jets. We're trying to figure out another way out," Flash said, putting a hand on the jade man's shoulder.

"How- how does this happen? How did we get bested by Elmer Fudd and a bug?!"

"Doctor Sivanna and Parasite," Batman said, glaring at the brunet. "We underestimated them. They obviously had this planned from the start."

Cap sighed- of course, they did. Why was it that whenever Sivanna was in the picture, the rest of the League dismissed him? Sure, the guy was bonkers, but he was still a mad scientist and one of the only villains to successfully capture the whole League. 

Twice.

Was it cause he was one of Marvel's villains?