Snips, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails

- - -

Billy is trans and the Waynes are a good family.

- - -

"How's that feel?" Bruce asked, sitting on a hard wooden bench outside of a changing stall. The 12-year-old inside the changing stall stayed quiet, causing Bruce to glance towards the door. "Billy?" he asked, standing up and knocking lightly on the door.

"Billy, you alright?"

There was a small sound- a squeak, almost, before the kid sniffled. The door opened, revealing a child with short, messy black hair, bright, intelligent blue eyes, and cheeks tinged pink. Wrapped around his chest was a tan-colored binder, compressing his chest so that it looked flat.

Tears were beading in the corner of Billy's eyes as he sniffled again, looking up at Bruce before swallowing thickly. A small smile was on his face and he rubbed at his eye with his palm. 

"It feels great, Bruce..." he mumbled before his expression crumpled and he hugged the man's waist tightly. Bruce smiled softly, kneeling down so that the kid could hug him properly. 

Billy buried his face in Bruce's shoulder, gripping his suit fabric tightly.

"I'm glad you like it. Is the color okay? Thought a peach-colored one might work best for now since it's close to your skin tone," Bruce said, pulling back from the boy. Billy nodded, using his fist to wipe away tears.

"It's perfect- everything's perfect." he mumbled, still wiping at his eyes. "It'd be perfect if it was lime green with pink polka dots," he continued with a small chuckle. 

Bruce smiled softly, ruffling the child's hair.

"Good- now pull on your shirt, we got one more stop to make," he said with a grin. Billy nodded, tugging his bright red shirt over his head and following the billionaire out of the changing room. 

They left the store after paying and walked out into the mall- a tall, two-story building with a ceiling made of glass and escalators everywhere.

"So where are we going?" Billy asked, plastic bag full of his old clothes slung over his shoulder.

"You'll see," Bruce said with a knowing grin, to which Billy just furrowed his brow. He continued to follow the larger raven as they went up the escalator and turned a corner- where the elder stopped in his tracks. 

"Here we are," he said, and Billy looked up.

The sign was lime green and yellow neon, with the curly words 'Salon' lightning up and flickering. He wasn't sure why they were here- what was a salon for?

"I don' understand."

Bruce kneeled beside the boy, setting a hand on his shoulder. "I know that you cut your hair yourself, Billy. These guys went to school to do that kind of thing," he said with a smirk, bringing a loose patch of longer hairs up for the 12-year-old to see. Billy blushed brightly.