The Surprise Party | PART 1

~ ~ ~

One day The Flash and Green Lantern get an idea in their heads. Every member of the Justice League has celebrated a birthday at the Watchtower at least once- even Batman.
All except one, that is.
So, the pair asks Batman for help in throwing a surprise party for said hero: Captain Marvel.
The only problem?
They have no idea when his birthday is.

~ ~ ~

 (( 2,904 words ))

~ ~ | ☆ | ~ ~

Barry drummed his fingers rhythmically against the cold metal surface, his eyes darting between screens. Beside him Hal was currently playing solitaire on said surface, concentrating on the cards.

The blonde leaned back in his chair, continuing his drumming on the arm of said chair.

No one could say that monitor duty wasn't boring, at least.

He sighed, gaining the attention of his co-worker/friend.

"You alright there? That's the third time you've dramatically sighed in the last five minutes." Hal said, not looking up from his cards. "Why don't you go get a snack or something? Go stretch your legs. I got this for now." he said, finally looking up.

It was hard to see the man's eyes ( impossible even, since it was just white ) behind the mask, but Barry could tell he was silently poking fun at him. It was just what they did.

"Yeah alright," he said, standing up and stretching, smirking as his back pops and Hal cringed. "Be back in a-"

"I swear to God if you say it I'm going to-"

"-Flash!"

And with that, he darted off towards the kitchens, smirking as the brunet threw up his hands in exasperation.

Barry slowed to a stop once at the kitchens, surprised to find no one there. There was always someone in the kitchen, whether it be cooking something, snagging something from the fridge, making coffee, or just hanging out- it was a hotspot for socialization.

The blonde shrugged and went to the fridge, peering inside and lighting up with a smile at the first thing he saw.

He pulled out a large red and blue cake, ( well, a fourth of one at least ) with the corner of a giant yellow diamond in the center. It had been for Supes' birthday last week, and he was surprised it hadn't been finished off yet.

He could fix that.

Barry grinned at the cake, grabbing a knife and cutting off a piece. He then put it back in the fridge and grabbed a fork, dashing back to the monitors. He came to a stop just as Hal was packing up his cards, the brunet looking between him and his cake.

"And you didn't bring me any?" he asked in mock offense.

The blonde smirked and let out a chuckle, taking a seat and digging in.

"You ever thought about how every hero had spent at least one birthday up here?" Hal asked, pocketing his cards. "I mean, even Batsy, who I would never have pinned for a party man, agreed to at least have a cake J'onn made."

"Yeah, it's pretty cool if ya think about it," Barry said between bites. He licked the frosting from his lips and continued. "We're like one big super-powered family," he said with a chuckle.