Father Figure

A strange man that looks just like Captain Marvel shows up in the Watchtower.

- - -

Monitor duty in the Watchtower was usually an uneventful activity. 

Every once in a while something came up where a hero or two needed to be dispatched somewhere, but even rarer were the times when being on monitor duty meant catching something that meant the entire League needed to be called into action.

Flash pondered this as he sat back in his chair, the leather creaking under his bright red suit as he rest his feet on the monitor desk. 

He yawned widely, watching the screens with disinterest as he tried not to fall asleep. 

The speedster glanced around the large hub that the monitors sat in, finding that he was the only one there- or at least, the only one in the room, which meant no one to talk to.

So boredom ensued.

The blonde clicked between screens, humming to himself and attempting to not let boredom sink its claws into him. He wasn't expecting a flash of light to come from somewhat behind him. 

Assuming it to be Hal or Oliver with a camera, he turned around slowly and gave his best glare.

What he saw, however, confused him- it looked like Captain Marvel, what with the strong jaw, styled black hair, and huge-ass muscles, but he was in civvies. 

He had on a long tan trenchcoat and held what looked like a tan fedora in his hand.

Apart from the fact that he'd never actually seen the man in civilian clothes before, (he always managed to somehow duck out when members of the team suggested going out for a drink or bowling) the fact that he was in the watchtower in civilian clothes made it all the more strange.

The man had his back to Barry and was looking around in what seemed to be confusion- which, Flash would be too if he just randomly got teleported into the watchtower. 

The computer didn't even call out his name.

"Yo, Cap? You alright there?" Flash asked, getting up and catching the man's attention. He turned around and stared at the hero with wide eyes- wide, green eyes? 

That didn't make any sense, there was a joke for the longest time within the League that Cap was actually a clone of Superman, what with how similar they looked- black hair, strong jaw, and bright blue eyes.

Was this man not Cap?

Flash narrowed his eyes when the man took a shaky step back. "Whoa, hey, it's alright. I'm not gonna hurt ya." Flash said, putting his hands out placatingly. 

The man was still staring at him, though his fear had turned more to confusion as he sized the hero up.

"Where- where's my wife?" the man asked. He sounded a lot like the Captain, though his words almost seemed older, and he spoke in more of his lower register. 

Something seemed to come to the man, and he dropped his hat- which promptly vanished when it touched the floor. Barry's eyes widened slightly before looking back at the man's bright green eyes. 

"I- I need to find my son."

Flash swallowed, taking another step closer to the panicked man. "Alright, it ok. Let's take you to the meeting room-" he said, attempting to put a hand on the man's back, only for it to phase right through him. 

Shaking it off, since really, that was probably the least weird thing to happen within the past five minutes, he guided the 'ghost-man' as he deemed him to one of the meeting rooms.

The man stood there, looking around nervously. Barry picked up his comm and sent a message out that called the league to the room immediately before turning back to the raven-haired man that looked way too much like Captain Marvel. 

"Okay," he started, glancing at the door before looking back. "Can you tell me your name?"

"I- My name is Clarence- Clarence Charles, but everyone calls me C.C." he said slowly. "I have to find my son, you don't understand." the man said, urgency in his eyes.

"And we will, once we figure out what's going on with you. I've called a meeting with the Justice League- we're going to help you."

C.C. seemed to relax a bit, looking around the room again. "Okay..." he muttered softly.

The room filled up surprisingly quickly, probably due to the fact that Flash never called meetings, especially emergency ones. 

While there were some shocked faces at the sight of what looked like Captain Marvel in civvies at first glance, everyone stayed quiet. This was most likely what the meeting was about.

Everything was going fine until the Captain walked in with Cyborg, the demigod laughing at something the man said. 

Eyes flicked between him and the man standing beside the head of the table- said man's eyes widening when he caught sight of Marvel.

"Billy!"

Captain Marvel froze in place, skin paling and eyes widening at the sound. His head turned slowly to look at their visitor, tears immediately welling in the large man's eyes. 

He blinked, letting out a shaky breath as he stared at what almost looked like his mirror image. His voice cracked with raw emotion.

"...Dad?"

- - -

NOTE: THIS IS JUST A PLOT BUNNY. I WILL NOT BE ADDING MORE TO THIS.