Let's Play Superheroes

- - -

The constant questioning and interrogations were getting old. Whether it was Superman stopping him in the hallway for a little chat or Batman pulling him off to the side after a mission, the league would not stop pestering him about his identity.

He was the only one on the League to not give his civilian identity out yet, and for good reason. There were only so many ways the group could react to finding out Captain Marvel was actually 11 years old.

He sighed as Flash followed him down the hall, zipping from one side to the other in various attempts to get any details out of him. 

The most the League had gotten was that he lived in Fawcett and that his parents died when he was a toddler- but other than that, the Captain had given them nothing.

"Flash, Flash-" he tried to say as the speedster continued to talk. "Flash!" he said, his voice booming through the small hallway as he held Barry still with a hand on his shoulder. "Dude, come on," he said, shaking his head.

"You know I'm not gonna tell you anything."

"Alright dude, but I was just trying to save you from one of Batman's training sessions- you know the ones where he comes at you really hard while simultaneously asking you questions, and you're too busy blocking attacks that you give in and tell him what he wants to know?" The blonde said with a smirk.

Captain Marvel sighed- he hated those. "I don't understand why you guys want to know my identity so badly."

Flash rolled his shoulders in response. "For Bruce, I think its a security measure. For the rest of us, well, Diana made a good point when she said that if we don't trust each other enough with our identities, how can we trust each other with our lives?"

Didn't that make him feel guilty.

Marvel let out a long-suffering sigh, running a hand over his face. He knew it would come to this eventually- whether through Batman finally finding something or of his own volition he wasn't sure. 

Better to go out on his own terms, he supposed.

It wasn't like if they kicked him out that he would just up and stop being Captain Marvel.

"Fine," he said, glancing down at the speedster who was staring with wide eyes. "Tell Superman and them to come to this address-" a strip of paper appeared out of thin air with a spark of gold, falling into Marvel's hand as he wrote on it with a pen that also seemed to materialize out of nothing. 

"-next Saturday. My family's having a barbeque, we can talk there," he said.

He'd have to talk to Mrs. Vasquez to make sure it was alright, but he was sure his foster mother wouldn't mind a few extra guests. They were fine with him being on the League after all.