Child's Play | Part 1

The League gets de-aged and Billy takes charge.

~

(( No one knows each other's secret identities- Bruce and Clark know each other's, same with Barry and Hal, and Cyborg's and Diana's are public. ))

- - -

Billy woke to a ringing in his ears and a massive headache that made his vision spin when he opened his eyes. He winced at the dim light fixture hanging above him and closed them again, attempting to shift in place only to find that he was strapped down to something cold. 

Billy opened his eyes despite the pain, glancing to his sides to find that his arms were encased in metal restraints. He furrowed his brow, tugging at them and glancing down to find the same restraints on his ankles.

He let out a deep breath, trying to figure out what was going on. It was dark- he couldn't really make anything out around him, other than the occasional colored light that flashed in the dark. 

The boy was in some kind of room, not too big to feel a draft, but big enough that he couldn't see the walls from where he was. He had a feeling he knew who was behind this since there was this wave of deja-vu that came over him, but he'd learned not to jump to conclusions too quickly.

As his eyes adjusted to the relatively dark room, he found that he wasn't alone. Billy's eyes widened a fraction when he saw a group of kids, no older than him, in chains in the corner. 

Some of them were looking at him while others were attempting to pull the cuffs around their wrists off. 

Billy felt a surge of anger wash over him as he strained against his own bonds and grit his teeth. He couldn't get out, but maybe Captain Marvel could.

Wait- those kids were still watching him. He couldn't reveal himself like this, there was no telling what would happen if they told people. He lifted his head to stare at the group, chewing on his lip. 

"It'll be okay," he said reassuringly before looking up. 

His gaze turned calculating, brows furrowing in thought as he glanced down at his restraints. "Less than an inch thick, steel or iron," he muttered, unaware that he'd gained the group's entire attention.

"Hey as long as it's not nth metal, right..." he mumbled, shaking his head. He gave a tentative tug, testing the resistance before letting out a breath. 

"tlem eseht stniartser!" he said, eyes flashing gold before the metal began to bubble and fall away. 

He smirked and sat up, rubbing his wrists and reaching down to assess the restraints around his feet. The spell had left him winded, and he still needed to get these kids out of here, so he'd just have to pick the lock.

Billy reached into his back pocket, thankful that whoever had captured him hadn't thought to empty them, and pulled out a hairpin. He stuck it into the cuff and started maneuvering it, tongue poking out of his mouth as he worked.