Shifting Thunder | Part 1

Captain Marvel somehow shows up in our world.

- - -

In hindsight, maybe racing Barry wasn't the best idea.

Sure, it was fun to see Clark fall behind both him and Flash and the pair watched with laughter bubbling from their throats at his frustration. 

But who was he kidding- a Kryptonian couldn't beat a speedster and someone with the power of the Gods on his side.

As they raced past Superman with a smirk, Captain Marvel turned his attention to trying to beat the blonde. 

The trio had come together in a race after everyone made bets over who would win- Barry truly thought he was the fastest man alive, but someone just had to mention that the Captain had a literal speed god on his team, so here they were.

"Ya know, Cap, you mighta beat Supes, but you don't have access to the speed force," Barry said conversationally as he ran and Billy flew. 

"Gives me an edge, don't ya think?" he asked with a smirk.

Captain Marvel returned the look. "I don't- cause the speed force has nothing on Mercury himself," he said, speeding up. "Besides- Stamina of Atlas! You'll get tired before I do!" Barry laughed and sped up as well, sparks flying off the both of them.

 The speedster's image began to blur and the light blue lightning that came off his body caught Shazam by surprise- wait, was that--

He didn't get to finish his thought before there was a bright flash of light and he was suddenly thrown backward. Marvel ended up being thrown into a brick wall, leaving a crate in his wake as he fell to the ground. 

The raven grunted, lifting himself off the sidewalk and shaking the debris from his head.

He flipped himself over to sit on the sidewalk, breathing slightly heavy as people walked around him. When they caught sight of him, a few paused, eyes wide as they took out phones and took pictures of him.

Where did he end up? New York? Central City?

Marvel shook his head, standing up and glancing around. "Zack!! Zack can I have a picture please please please!" a couple of girls said, coming up to him with stars in their eyes. 

Zack? Who was Zack? Maybe that was just one of those internet things he wasn't a part of.

"Oh uh- s-sure," he said nervously as the girls pulled out their phones. He gave a small smile and posed with them, and the girls thanked him profusely before taking off giggling. 

Marvel shook his head, looking around to try and figure out where he was. He really needed a better vantage point- he couldn't tell anything from down here.