Buddy Velastro Would Be Proud Too

ANOTHER PROMPT:

"Just suddenly a league member gets married or has a big event ( new years ) and they commission Billy to bake the special cake. It's the most glorious cake ever. You can see the flash cry tears of joy."

- - -

Word somehow got around that Captain Marvel was the one that made the various cakes, cookies, and other baked goods that could often be found in the dining hall. Many of the Leaguers came to hope for more stressful or harder missions, especially if Marvel was called into the fray. 

Often times it meant they could look forward to the delicious baked goods the man would make in the aftermath.

If there was one thing they had learned, though, was they couldn't bug the man while he was cooking. In the field or anywhere else, Captain Marvel was cheerful, loud, and boisterous- but in the kitchen, he became quiet and concentrated. If you watched him work, he'd get flustered and eventually give up halfway through.

Barry had learned this the hard way.

The only person that seemed to be able to get past this was Batman, and the pair could often be seen in the kitchen together- the Captain baking and Bruce either leaning against the wall or sitting and watching. 

Most assumed it was cause he was Batman and there was no way Marvel would kick him out, but in actuality, Billy knew the man hung out in there cause it was quiet and no one else dared to come in.

It was some of the only quiet time the man probably got while in the Watchtower, and it wasn't like he paid attention to or tried to stop the Captain as he worked, so he was fine with the Dark Knight staying.

Unlike Hal or Barry or Plastic Man, Batman didn't try to 'help' or taste everything every four seconds. Sometimes, he wondered who was the bigger kid- him, or the Flash. 

Captain Marvel shook his head as he cleared the thoughts from his mind, pouring the brownie batter he'd been mixing into a glass pan quietly. Batman was currently sitting at the small table that had long been set up in there, typing away on his laptop while Cap worked.

"How's the whole mess with Ebenezer going?" Bruce asked quietly, continuing to type as Marvel poured.

That was another thing- Batman was the only person who had figured out his identity so far, and surprisingly, the man treated him the same. There was no judgment in his eyes, no pity, though he had already been asked twice if he wanted to move into the manor. (He'd politely declined both times.) 

Bruce didn't push him but made sure the boy knew the option was there if he was interested.

Recently, the billionaire had taken to asking him random things going on in his life. It was nice- something mundane and simple the two shared, and something that, even though he wouldn't say it, Billy secretly really appreciated.