Prince In My Eyes

(This one was written way back in October, so it's writing is kinda garbage, but take it anyways!)

- - -

There once was a land of prosperity and magic, one that had experienced more than a decade of peace, thanks to those that defended it. These heroes, consisting of knights and sorcerers, creatures of myth and humans alike, served the royal family loyally.

They were known as the League of Justice, the best of the best that the kingdom had to offer. They came from all walks of life, and would defend their home to their last breath.

The royal family itself was generous and kind, just in their rulings and welcoming to all creatures. The king, Charles, and his queen, Marilyn, had only a single son between them, a small boy named William. 

The boy had a fascination with magic, and often told his parents he would one day join the League of Justice.

They humored him, telling him that if he were to follow his heart and do good, that good would surely follow.

For ten years they were happy. They were a family.

Then the unthinkable happened.

A dark magician from a faraway land, one known as the Black Sorcerer, put a curse on the king and queen, causing them to perish at sea. William was left alone, a small boy aged only 10 years, without a mother or father to love.

He began to have nightmares- visions of hellish scenes where his mother and father burned before his eyes, or as his father ran him through with his golden dagger. 

These dreams tormented him for weeks, unaware that they were the work of the devilish Black Sorcerer. He ended up running away, slipping out of the castle in the dead of night and out of sight of the League of Justice.

Without a royal family, the League was chosen to share authority over the land until the young prince could be found. Every resource the kingdom had was dedicated to looking for the boy, but after two years there was no trace of him to be found.

Fearing him dead and fearing panic amongst the populus at the thought of a kingdom without a head, the League was chosen to stay in power. The young prince, though lost, was not forgotten.

- - -

Billy ran through the forest, leaping over a rock and grabbing hold of a branch to pull himself into a tree. He clambered up the thick branches and hid amongst the leaves, bright blue eyes staring down and watching as bandits ran past him, wielding sharp swords and massive war hammers.

Once they were gone, the 20-year-old climbed down and dropped onto the forest floor, dusting himself off and opening his satchel to make sure his things were still there. 

Golden dagger? Check. Berries for lunch? Check. Medicinal herbs for the Wizard? Check.