Twins

Hello everyone, it's been a long time. While I had no intentions of returning with another story to add, lately I've just felt that itch.  This isn't the greatest, but eh...

Settling into a whickered chair, cell phone and coffee in one hand, while a leash decorated the other, was a young woman in her late twenties. After many impatient commands uttered to her four legged companion, she picked up the cell phone she placed down on the table in front of them and began scrolling through social media. All around her, in the disgusting Fort Lauderdale spring heat, sat others chatting away with friends, family or colleagues, all out for a little something to do at the local popular cafe. Never one for public places that were usually crowded like this, she had made the spontaneous decision to get out of her sister's stuffy one bedroom apartment for a little adventure. Though an adventure in Fort Lauderdale during late spring was probably not her ideal adventure, it was still a welcome change of pace after being confined to the home she shared with her family for nearly a year.

At her feet, her medium sized canine rolled, lifting up her auburn floppy eared head to observe all the many different humans skittering around. Every minute or so, out of the corner of her eyes that wasn't focused on the cell phone screen, she would spy her dog glancing up at her with a wary expression. A smile curved the corner of her lips, as she murmured under her breath, "I feel that," to her dog and continued skimming through Instagram. It wasn't until her dog sat up, turning around to stare at the newcomers behind them, that brought the young woman to look up from her phone and actually take in her surroundings. Setting the phone down, with that same hand she picked up her iced coffee to take a sip, realizing how parched she was starting to feel. Though coffee wouldn't necessarily quench her thirst, she knew the ice that cooled the beverage down would help a little. Peeling the cotton black tank away from her chest, she sat up to twist around in her chair, curious to see what had captured Daisy's attention. The coffee that she had just swallowed went down the wrong way, causing her to choke and start coughing, which earned her many startled glances. Waving her hand, she managed to choke out, "Wrong pipe," to those who had been nearby and were scooting away. Calming down, her back now toward the one who caught her attention, she picked up her phone again for a whole new reason.

Part of her had been hoping that when he said he was coming back to America for work, he would be coming home to Florida. When she spoke to her sister about letting her stay for a couple of weeks, she was hoping that if by the slight chance he was back in Florida, she'd have the opportunity to run into him, but with his dog present. While he did not have that gorgeous fluffy American Akita she loved so much with him, he did have a very gorgeous blonde who happened to be wearing an outfit almost identical to her's. Black tank, denim shorts, and a white cover - though her's happened to be a pretty white lace that received many compliments, but who's comparing? She was focused on identifying whether this man was exactly who she thought he was and if that girl, though she didn't look much like the girl on her Instagram, was in fact the same girl. Her hand, now shaking as she was trembling at this point for some bizarre reason, hovered midair waiting to cup her drink again. Daisy, picking up on her anxiety rising, placed her pretty little head in her lap, whimpering softly. "I'm fine," she muttered, placing the phone down to stroke the canine's silky ears. She just didn't quite know how to tell this to her nerves which always got like this and she could never quite understand why or learn how to stop it. Inhaling a deep breath, hand still patting the dog's head, she picked up her phone with her left and began skimming through the tagged section of Henry Cavill's instagram. There was nothing yet, of course, but the pictures that were there were enough to make her grimace. His fans or so they claimed to be, were doing that thing they loved to do when Henry openly declared himself unavailable, they were digging up all the dirt they could on the stunning blonde sitting in the seat they could only dream of occupying. She lifted her head, staring up at nothing in particular, wasn't she one of those girls, though? Not the one digging up dirt and trying to put his girlfriend down, but simply envious and wishing she were sitting across from him... "But you are, idiot," she heard her voice saying out loud. Daisy stared up at her, head tilting. Shaking her head at the dog, she closed out of Instagram and tucked her phone into her back pocket.

Maybe it was best if she just left. Her coffee was already paid for, and by the sound of giggling rising from a nearby table filled with what appeared to be teenagers, she saw no point in staying. But this opportunity... so rare, she hated the thought of leaving and it never coming around again. Yet, the only real reason she really wanted to encounter Henry Cavill was to meet his dog, and as it was clear he did not have his dog with him, she decided maybe it was just not fate. How peculiar of someone to deem a once and a lifetime opportunity as being 'not fate', she thought as she rose to her feet. Daisy stood up, dancing back to clear some space while her owner firmly gripped the leash and picked up her coffee. She turned around, she stole a glance in Henry's direction, soaking in this magical moment that would eventually fade away. As she made her way to walk past them the blonde sitting across from Henry looked up, her eyes quickly looking her over.

She - Natalie - smiled up at her and said, "I like your kimono," Natalie extended her hand out to indicate Rena's white lace kimono.

Startled, Rena started. It took her a minute to recover, realizing Natalie had been referring to her kimono. "Thank you," she said genuinely, smiling now. Fixing Daisy's leash, as she had just tangled herself in Rena's legs, she added, "It's a bit old." Rena mentally cursed herself, she hated when she said things that weren't necessary but anxiety told her she had to say something.

"Well I like it," said Natalie, and then she added as she pushed her sunglasses up to rest on top of her head, "And I love your outfit, we could be twins!"

Rena thoroughly looked Natalie over, despite having already seen that they were wearing identical outfits. Still, she laughed softly, trying to ease her awkwardness, and said, "We really could." Daisy was tugging a little on her leash, with a quick glance toward her dog, she realized the auburn colored canine had found herself a new friend.

"What's her name?" he asked, looking up from her dog.

"Daisy," Rena replied, a little bewildered over the fact she had managed to respond back without sounding awkward.

"She's beautiful," Natalie had reached out a hand to pet Daisy as well, who was loving being the center of attention.

"I know," speaking about Daisy made it easier for Rena to talk. She felt less awkward when the attention was on her dog, that was partly why she brought Daisy along with. That and for an excuse to escape anytime she needed. "I don't know why anyone ever decided to part with her."

"She's a rescue?"

"Yeah, I rescued her back when she was only two years old. Sweetest girl you'll ever meet, but definitely the biggest drama queen. So maybe I can understand why." Somehow she felt her anxiety scattering away like leaves in the wind. Daisy had turned to Natalie, tail wagging ferociously against Henry's leg. Rena swooped forward, pulling the dog's butt away from where it was no doubt violently hitting his thigh.

"It doesn't hurt," he said, realizing what she was doing. Rena looked up at him, surprised.

"Really?" she could hardly keep it from her voice as she stood up straight. "I have bruises from that thing."

"I can barely feel it," he said.

Their conversation continued, eventually leading both Henry and Natalie to invite Rena to sit with them at their table. From Daisy, to clothing, and beyond, they continued on eventually leading up to a mention of Kal. Rena, seeing this for what it truly was, a perfect opportunity, asked about the fluffy bear's whereabouts. Henry admitted to it being too hot for Kal to be outside, to which Rena understood. When an hour ticked by and she felt like she should no longer intrude, the duo, after sharing a quick look at one another, asked to meet up with Rena again sometime. And after agreeing and exchanging contact information, they went their separate ways with Rena mulling over what had just happened. 

Alright, so this isn't my best work, I am aware. I am also aware this was super rushed toward the end. I just wanted to finally write and publish, and this is what y'all got. With recent events, as in Henry returning to Florida - I just realized my spark to write about him basically disappeared when he left... can we just keep Henry in Florida? Anyway, with his return and with his girlfriend(literally don't care if the relationship isn't real) constantly being trashed, I have felt that itch to write again. I may have another story idea in mind, but that will have to come another time. I've been wanting to read before I lose sunlight. 

So I guess we can consider this book reopened..