How I Met Henry [I]

When I woke up the following morning, I had somehow managed to get myself from the couch to my bedroom and was now tangled in my sheets, the sun seeping through the blinds as best as it could.

The room I stayed in faced the west, and since there was no window on the side facing the south east direction, I was saved from direct sunlight. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this room was still somewhat dark despite the little bit of sun that did seep in. Guess it didn't help that the walls were dark brown.

I sat up in bed, rubbing my face. Just outside my door I could hear the impatient clicking of dog nails against the wood floor as Jenna waited for me to get up. Impatiently, I might add.

Groaning, mostly because I was still feeling pretty groggy from sleep, I pushed off the covers and swung my feet over. I couldn't make the poor dog wait any longer and I had to pee myself.

Reaching for my phone, I pulled on my boots and I walked over to the door to open it. Not one, but two large German Shepherds approached me, their tails wagging rapidly while Jenna tried to topple me. In comparison to Gizmo, Jenna was a horse. It wasn't because she was a mutt, it was because Gizmo was.

Gizmo was actually one of the puppies my mom and I had rescued one December when they escaped from our neighbors garage and my mom offered to find them homes. When I had posted about them on Facebook, my sister had been the one interested in getting one, but my stepmom and dad had accompanied her.

Although they claimed Gizmo was a gift for my stepmom's brother, and he really was, he ended up back in their care when her brother and his wife moved and were going through a divorce. Gizmo looked exactly like his father, at least I hope that the black German Shepard was his father. You see the people we got him from had a crap ton of dogs and none were fixed. Nor did they properly care for the animals.

I made sure to give both dogs love before I walked through the kitchen and down the hall so that I could use the bathroom. Since I was the only one home, and since Jenna was following me, I left the door open while I sat down on the toilet to scroll through my phone and pee.

Out of curiosity for what was new, I went to Instagram first where I noticed I had some notifications. Bit odd since I hadn't posted anything since the day I got back, but it also wasn't unusual to get follows from bots or randoms.

So I opened it up to get rid of the little notification and briefly skimmed the name and was about to exit out of the app when my heart stopped.

Henry Cavill. The Henry Cavill had spent a great deal of time on my page because he had liked just about every photo I had on there. And as I scrolled through to see all that he liked, I noticed he had also left a comment on my picture I took of when I was down by the pier.

I turned off my phone, placing it on the counter beside me while I went over what had just happened in my head. How? Why? Oh my God he knew my name! He could track me down! Oh God he knew where I was!

Slowly remembering I was on the toilet, I finished what I had to do, got up, washed my hands as I stared at myself in the mirror. What if he came looking for me? Why would he come looking for me? Oh my gosh, he didn't forget about me!

I was still having a hard time processing everything when I walked out the house, the dogs in tow, and made my way to the back so that I could sit on the swing.

What do I do now? Do I text, call? Respond to his comment?

I reopened the app, a new notification appearing. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I opened it to see that he had favorited my comment to him and I am pretty sure I died a little on the inside. Was this remotely necessary?

What to do, what to do? I tapped my foot on the ground as I rocked the swing back and forth, staring up at the sky. This would be a pretty picture. Maybe I should take a picture.

I looked back down at my phone, debated awhile about where to take the picture and then finally settled on Snapchat. And instead of a picture, I decided a video would work best so I recorded my view, the sounds, and then said, 'I love mornings out here' before adding it to my story.

As I was about to close Snapchat, I noticed I had a new friend request. Odd? No one ever added me on Snapchat. No one really knew that I used it, nor did they care.

I stared at the name for awhile, unsure of wanting to add a stranger to my Snapchat and then realized I could always delete them in the end. So I accepted the unusual request and I closed the app and placed my phone down on my lap as I stared back out into the distance.

No sooner had I done that, I noticed my phone lighting up. It seems that unusual request wasted no time in snapping me, so I unlocked my phone and opened the snap.

When I opened the snap, I felt my jaw drop as I stared, my eyes no doubt incredibly wide. 'Here is a little more Kal in your life' the caption read as a video of Kal staring at the camera played until the very last second and then disappeared.

How? How did he figure out my Snapchat?

He then sent another snap, but I was already too deep in my Instagram to open it. Where did I put my Snapchat?

"Oh my God!" I finally found the picture where someone had asked for it in the comments. He was about as bad as a woman!

Finally, I sucked in a deep breath, and then opened his snap. This time it was of him asking me if I ever got what was inside my book.

I was going to reply, but when I turned the camera around I quickly dropped my phone and reconsidered that thought. So I took a deep breath, picked up my phone, and I focused it on the dog panting heavily by my foot and snapped a picture so that I could reply. But what should I reply? Did I tell him, 'Yes, I got your message, but I was too scared to reply'? What if he asked why I was scared? How do I reply to that. I sighed and laid back against the swing, my eyes fixed on the cloudy blue sky.

Finally I just added a yes and I sent it. Standing up, I whistled for Gizmo and started for the door with Jenna at my heel and Gizmo galloping behind us to catch up.

Inside, while I was closing the door, I noticed my phone lighting up. Oh God, it was him again.