Lelanna - Part One

[Originally written 9 • 29 • 2016]

• Please note that this is unedited •

I let out a deep breath as I slid into the only available seat left in my gate's section. Today had been long and exhausting. From waking up late to missing a flight, I was just ready to get to my hotel, climb into bed, and sleep for the rest of the week until I had to go home.

The worst part about my day was that I had yet to get coffee. It didn't matter now. I didn't want to think about it. Instead, with this two-hour layover, I decided to pull out my laptop. If anything, playing a game would help ease the stress of my day. 

Beside me I could feel the stranger, I sat next to, stirring. I inched over a little more towards the pole that blocked me on the other side. I wasn't one for sitting next to people. My bubble was huge and this stranger was invading it, but there wasn't exactly any floor space either.

Ignoring the hunched over strange person, I went back to paying attention to my laptop. What to play, what to play? I thought over and over as my mouse cursor went from one game icon to the next. 

Well, it had been awhile since I had played World of Warcraft and since I was connected to the airport's wifi, I would have no issues playing online. So it was decided, I would play World of Warcraft. 

I was only thirty minutes into the game when I felt my patience wearing thin with this quest. I had been at it for nearly two months now. "I just want spinal dust!" I growled as I angrily pressed the keys to cast a spell and kill some skeleton guy. I hate that guy. And the other guy that was with him. 

My angry thoughts were quickly interrupted when I felt a shift from the stranger beside me. Out the corner of my eyes, I could see they had sat up. That was really all I could see, well that and the color of their hoodie. Navy blue with white lettering and strings. Couldn't quite make out what the hoodie said, and I really wasn't trying to.

I sighed softly and turned my attention back to my game. I didn't have time to worry about what some stranger's hoodie had said, in fact, I fucking died! How? When? Had I turned away for that long?

"Fuuuck!" I scoffed as I navigated my ghost self from the graveyard to the ghostlands where I had died. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I lifted my fingers off the keys and took a deep breath. Several more followed. Today was not my day. 

The stranger moved again, this time, to sit up straight. I chose to ignore him and continued on searching for my carcass. I didn't have to put myself in danger to resurrect myself, so that was a plus.