Princess Solo

"What are you doing?" Called a familiar British voice.

Startled, her grease covered hand that had been supporting her up on the massive black truck's hood suddenly slipped out from under her. She felt herself falling forward in slow motion until a large arm snaked around her waist and quickly pulled her back.

"You look ridiculous," the Brit said with a chuckle after he placed her safely on her feet. She turned around, a smile visible on her grease stained face as she shrugged her shoulders.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her dark eyes taking him for the first time since she turned around. "Thought you were in England for the holiday?"

She moved past him and walked over to the garage sink near the door and started to wash the grease and grime from her hands and face.

"Nah," he replied, carefully shoving his hands into his pockets while doing so. "Figured I'd come for a visit. Did the others go on a holiday without you?"

"Don't they always?" She tore off a long sheet of brown paper towels and began to dry her hands.

"Where to this time?"

"Fiji," she didn't bother to disguise the bitterness she felt.

"Fiji," he nodded head and looked around the garage. His blue eyes finally settled for the large Ford that sat with its hood propped open. "How's he coming?"

"Wonderfully," she replied, her tone changing to show that she welcomed the subject change. "I can't wait till he's finished to take him for a spin."

Henry smiled, admiring both her handy work on the old truck and the look of pure joy on her face as she stared at the truck. "You will be sure to take me, right?" He asked, his brow raising.

"Of course, who else would I want sitting in the seat next to me?"

"Your sister?"

"She's not here and has little interest in Big Ben."

Henry's lips curved into a large smile. "Big Ben?"

"Big Ben."

"That is an interesting name for a truck."

She smiled, her chocolatey brown eyes on him, "This is a very interesting truck."

He chuckled lightly and approached her, removing one hand from the pocket of his jeans to place a top her head of highlighted brown hair. "What did you make me for dinner?"

"Spaghetti." His smile vanished.

"Nay, there are other foods in the world besides spaghetti."

"Yes, but are they easy?"

He pursed his lips and stared into her eyes before contemplating answering that. Satisfied with his lack of response, she beamed up at him and pushed away his hand.

"Spaghetti it is." She said. "Come on, you get to pick the movie."

"Or," Henry reached for her arm in time to stop her. "I could make us dinner, and you pick the movie."

She turned around, her lower lip poking out as it often did when she was deep in thought. "Okay," she said. "Under one condition."

"Name it." He was already aware of what it was, she was an open book.

"You make my favorite."

"Deal." He replied with a smile, and released her from his grip.

Nayeli reached out to wrap her own hand around his wrist. Henry allowed himself to be pulled out of the garage into the direction of the small two story home where she lived.

"So?" Henry reached for the remote to turn the movie off and turned to find her past out on the other side of the couch. "You fell asleep," he mumbled to himself as he got up off the couch. "You always do."

While Nayeli slept on the couch, Henry started to clean up their mess that had been created before and during the movie.

When he finished with all the dishes and putting away the food, he returned to the den where the Norwood's had their movie room set up in and he made his way over toward the sleeping form on the couch.

Half torn between waking her and carrying her up to her bed, Henry decided to go with a different idea.

If he knew her family, and he had gotten to know them in the past few months, then he knew they would not be back for two more weeks leaving Nay all by herself.

In the car she finally woke up, her brown eyes instantly landing on him. "Why are you kidnapping me, Solo?"

"Because, Princess, I can't stand the thought of you being alone for two weeks." He turned to look at her. "And stop calling me Solo."

"Ookkay," she replied with a smile as she turned in the seat. "I'll stop whenever you stop calling me princess. I'm no princess."

You have no idea how wrong you are, he thought to himself. Henry reached out to place his hand on her small thigh. "Okay," he said softly. "I'll stop."

"Good." She said. "Now remove your hand from my leg."

"Why?" He had already parked the car in his garage and turned it off leaving him the freedom to stare at her and grin mischeviously as he slid his hand up her thigh.

"Henry," she warned, but she didn't stop him even when his hand grew closer.

"Why aren't you stopping me?"

"I'm curious."

"About what?"

"About just how far you will go."

He raised a brow and leaned closer to her. "How far are you willing to let me?"

"Willing? Like actually having control over my mind before the chemicals take over?" She reached down to push his hand away. "There."

Henry sat back and stared at her. "You would let me go all the way?"

"It doesn't help that you're extremely attractive." She sighed. "But I would regret it and that's what gives me the willpower to push you away. Now if you don't mind, I know there is a familiar furry friend inside waiting for me."

Henry nodded his head. "After you, Princess."

He had caught her eye before She slipped out the car and said, "I will get you for that, Solo."