Greek Town

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?" She asked, her dark brows furrowed together in confusion.

"How can you just stare at him and he automatically knows to just walk away?"

Viola shifted in the tall kitchen table chair to readjust her position while she considered his question. Her dark eyes found the dog he was referring to, a short and fat Jack Russell terrier that she both liked and hated.

"Dunno," she replied honestly with a shrug of her shoulders. Her eyes found his blue ones and locked instantly. "They kinda just know."

"I should try that with Kal," he rubbed his squared jaw and looked away from her.

"Might get a kiss or your face ripped off," she joked. "They say not to look a dog in the eye, but so far all my dogs have done is walk away or look around for something to occupy their attention. Pretty sure eye locking is a sign of dominance."

"Wait, what?"

"Dunno, not an animal behavior specialist. I don't know anything but what I experience." She sat back in the chair grinning. "Are you done?"

Henry looked down at the empty plate she was pointing to and nodded his head. "Say, V," he shifted in the chair, turning so that he could see her back as she placed his plate in the sink.

"Hmm?" She tapped on the water and started to rinse off his plate.

"What is there to do around here?"

She lifted her head and turned to look at him, her hand reached up to turn off the faucet as she thought about it. "Nothing," she replied. "There ain't shit to do here."

"Surely there is something."

"Okay," she dried her hands on the towel that was beside the sink and leaned back against the counter. "Dolphin Tales was filmed in a few locations that are literally right up the road and all the way to Clearwater."

"Dolphin Tales?"

She nodded her head. "Magic Mike was rumored to have been filmed around here as well..." she trailed off and stared at the ceiling. "No, Channing and Mathew were just spotted at our local beach is all."

"Seems like a hotspot for celebrities over here."

"Well, Tampa is just right there and it's notorious for all the famous athletes and rappers." She shrugged her shoulders. "Anyway, I meant we could go to the Sponge Docks."

"What on earth are the Spong Docks?"

"These are the Sponge Docks," she said with a large grin as Henry got out of the car and looked around.

Across from where they were parked was a road and on the other side of that road, buildings, a canal, and indeed boats filled with sponges.

"This is also know as Little Greek Town."

"Little Greek Town?"

"Have you ever heard of that MTV show Growing up Greek? Probably not, it was like the first show cancelled after one episode. Even Jersey Shore got more airtime and they were practically the same thing.
"Anyway, this is where a majority of the Greeks live. You know, other states may have their own Italian or Chinese towns, but we, here in sunny Florida, have our very own Greek Town!"

"You talk a lot, has anyone ever told you that?" Was his reply.

"Yes, now come on! It's hot and I wanna show you around. Oh, and there is an aquarium at the end. We can go there too. You get to feed the sharks!"

Slipping her hand into his large one, Viola tugged gently on his arm and led him across the street into the first shop they saw.

"It smells like soap?" He said before they entered the shop. She smiled and pointed to the different bars of soap sitting in containers on a table outside the door. "Oh."

They had visited just about every shop on the area, including the sponge museum that had been the first building he had laid eyes on when they arrived. He was also very surprised to see how in her element Viola was as she smiled and greeted just about everyone they saw.

Not once did she release his hand from hers, which he wonder why that was but didn't bother to ask. And then finally, he felt her hand slip from his as they made their way to the aquarium.

"This is it?" He asked.

"This is it," she said turning around to face him. "Ready to feed some sharks?"

"Sure, why not?"

When they entered the so called aquarium, Henry couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. It was tiny.

Upon entering, you had the booth were you paid, on your right and a tank with turtles and other small creatures on your left. Just beyond that was a small indent in the wall where a massive tank was divided into two where it housed a small alligator on one side and a weird dinosaur looking turtle on the other.

Henry said nothing as he watched Viola smile and wave to the alligator and then followed her as she continued on, stopping on to wave to the baby alligators in a smaller tank.

While Viola was busy observing all the other large fish in the biggest tank in the aquarium, Henry's eyes were fixed on the massive snakes in tanks behind them. Massive, man eating snakes... if they were hungry enough.

They continued on to the end where they found a tank filled with coral that had small fish, like a clown fish, in it. And then, she led him to another part of the aquarium where they housed two medium sized pools. One had a wired cover while the other just had stingrays flopping about.

"Oh," Viola peered into the tank with the stingrays. "I love the way they feel." She told him. "So slimy and soft. Wanna feed one?"

"Sure?" He said with a look of uncertainty.

She nodded her head and hurried off behind him. When she returned, she had a tray of shrimp in her hand and a needle in the other.

"This is to feed the sharks with." She said while gesturing to the other tank.

"So?" After their eventful day, Henry had convinced Viola to go to one of the Greek restaurants they had passed earlier. "Thoughts?"

"It's not bad," he admitted to her. "I like it."

"Good, I'm glad." She smiled and sipped from her straw. "I see you also got a little color."

"Yeah," Henry turned to stare at his pink shoulders and chuckled. "I see you did as well, your face is red."

"Is it?" She touched her hand to her cheek and turned away. "Hmm, how unusual."

"Hey, V?"

"Hmm?"

"Come with me to Jersey."

"I mean, okay," she replied nonchalantly.

"Really?"

"Sure, I'd love to go. It looks like a beautiful place and I'd have you as my tour guide."

"And you get to meet my family," he added on.

"Very true, very true. Alright, I'm down."

And yes, there will be a part two for this.