A Girlfriend For Kal

"What do you think you're doing?"

Lifting her gaze from the mobile device, she stared at the sliding glass door and thought about her answer. "Nothing?"

Not entirely convinced, he sat down beside her and plucked the phone from her grasp to see what she had been looking at.

"Why are you looking at Akita puppies?"

"Because..." She searched the room for an answer. "Kal needs a girlfriend?"

"Kal does not need a girlfriend."

"Uhm, yes he does! He told me so!" She countered.

"Oh?" Both his eyebrows rose. "And what else did he say."

"That you snore a lot."

He opened his mouth to stay something, no doubt like; 'I do not,' but had decided against it and closed his mouth.

"He also mentioned that he believes it is time you started to date again. It's been what, a whole year since you broke up with that child?"

She noticed the change in his expression from amused to annoyed and smiled slightly. "Anything else?" He asked.

"Yes, I am dying to know, is Armie going to be the Green Lantern?"

At this, Henry turned his head to look at her. "No."

"Awe, why? Wait," she reached out her hand to grab his arm as he got up. "To what?"

"To all of it, including Kal's girlfriend. He does not need one."

"Oh just because you're miserable and lonely doesn't mean Kal should be too!"

"I am not miserable and lonely!"

"Then why are you here?" She asked with a raised brow. "Why are you still here pestering the ever living shit out of me if you are not lonely?"

His blue eyes shifted from her to the fluffy rug beneath his feet. "I figured since it's been some time since we last saw one another I would spend some time with you."

Suddenly feeling guilty and realizing she might have come across a little too harsh, she jumped up and threw her arms around him. "I didn't mean to sound so mean, Hen," she inhaled the scent of his cologne. "It's just, you only ever visit when you're lonely or bored or both."

"Is that what you think?" He asked, looking down at her and tilting her head back so that she was peering up at him.

"Maybe? Yes... I don't know anymore."

Henry chuckled and squeezed her gently. "Jamie, you're my best friend,"

"I know."

"You are the one person I can come to when I am feeling down. The one person I can talk to." He buried his face in her shoulder. "My little Jamie bear ."

"Did you just say hair?"

He lifted his head, "I said bear."

"Pretty sure it sounded like hair. Your little Jamie hair."

He smiled. "I'm sorry if I ever made you feel neglected and like I only ever come over when I am sad."

"Well you do."

"Is it such a bad thing?" He buried his face in the crook of her shoulder again. "To see the one person I know who can make me happy?"

She sighed. "I suppose not. But I wish you came to me for other things too."

"Like?" He lifted his head again to look at her.

"I dunno, anything?" She realized it was better to just shut her mouth instead of rambling on. "Anyway, how did we go from a girlfriend for Kal to us?"

"Pretty sure it always reverts back to us, no matter what." Henry pulled back, releasing her from his embrace. "Even back in Jersey."

She laughed and sat back down on the couch, "Especially in Jersey. But in their defense, we were practically inseparable then. Out of all my big brothers, you were the one that protected me the most."

"Up until you moved. Wasn't much I could do then." Henry sat down on the wooden coffee table across from her.

"So true," she laid back and propped her feet up on his good leg. "Even so, Darrel did a fairly decent job. Must not have been easy without you five, but he kept the others at bay."

"I've been meaning to ask, has anyone ever questioned about... your name?"

"Some, but that's because I rarely use it. If anything, I use my family's name. But the ones who do know who you are and question it just assume I'm married to one of your brothers. Never had to the heart to correct them."

He chuckled and sat forward. "I'm surprised your parents never changed it."

"I am too, but I guess my mom sympathized with yours enough to let it stay. I mean, we are practically family after all and I do view your mom as my mom, so I have no problem being a Cavill even if it's not by blood."

Henry flashed a gorgeous smile and Jamie turned away to avoid smiling back. Her eyes landed on the American Akita she loved so much and remembered exactly why she was looking for another one.

"I miss Kal when you're away," she said turning back to him. "I was looking for one of my own, but in all white and female. I was also thinking Ghost or Khaleesi for her name, but I might want to make a list of names before I decide."

"That wasn't random at all."

"It really wasnt," she leaned further back. "Kal reminded me."

Henry turned to see his dog stretching out on the dog bed placed near the window and then turned back to her. "You want a female so that she can be around Kal."

"A girlfriend for Kal," she grinned. "Wouldn't it be cute to keep our family going? I mean, if our children had children together, ugh just think of the little Khaleesis and Kals running around."

"I thought you weren't sure on a name?" He chuckled and started to rub her ankle.

"Khaleesi is just so pretty and I'm so obsessed, but I love Ghost... oh I don't even know." She fell back, pulling her leg with her.

Henry got up from the table and knelt over her on the couch. "What if we had children? Furless children." He added with a quick glance to Kal.

"Mmm," she had covered her eyes with her arm. "Isn't that giving in to what our parents want, though?"

He chuckled and nodded his head, "Yes, but it's also making you officially part of the family in more than just a shared name. Your children would be my children as well. Think how happy Mum would be."

"She would be very happy," she replied while removing her arm so that she could look at him. "Fine. Buy Kal a girlfriend and I will give you babies."

"That simple?"

"That simple."