Story Teaser

"You silly girl!" He chuckled as he caught her in his arms, lifted her up and spun her around. Her laughter was music to his ears.

"Me?" She asked when he set her down, her face a faint pink. "Why am I silly? Just because I knew you'd catch me?"

He slid his hands away from her waist and up to her wrists where he pulled one hand that had been resting on his chest up to his lips.

"Maybe,"

"Henry," he peered down at her through his thick, dark lashes, his lips still planting kisses along her hand. She was smiling at him, her sparkling brown eyes on his lips. "You're weird, stop it."

"I've missed you," he said to her.

"And I've missed you, of course, but what if someone sees? They'll get the wrong idea and think we're a couple. I do not want to end up on the hit list like your ex did."

Henry lifted his head, his blue eyes peering into her's. Of all the things she had to bring up, she chose this one?

He sighed deeply and released her wrist from his grip and took a step back. What would they think about her jumping into his arms? That would have cause a bigger scene than him simply kissing the palm of her hands. Why was she so complicated? One minute she welcomed his affection and the next she was distant.

Omelia rocked from one side to the other, holding the hand he had just kissed in her other. Then, without warning, she threw her arms around him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry," she murmured into his cotton t-shirt. "I know I've been so bipolar lately. I've just been struggling. I like you, Henry," she pulled back before he could wrap his arms around her waist and hug her back. "And I want to be with you, it's just..." she sighed. "There's a lot to you that an average girl like me will have to adjust to. I have to grow a thick shell and you just can't do that overnight-"

Henry placed both his large hand on both sides of her face and lowered his head. "I know," he said to her. "Let's continue this conversation in the privacy of our home where we can discuss this further. Okay?"

"Okay." She replied.

Henry pulled away just in time as a two girls approached. He watched as Omelia slipped out of sight and hurried out of the airport. He knew she'd be waiting just outside for him.

"No way!" The girl squealed. "There is no way it's really you!"

"Really who?" Henry teased as he forced a fake smile to appear on his face, something he had found himself doing a lot more than usual.

"Henry Cavill?" Said the other girl, her blond curls forced back into a sloppy ponytail that had been tightened one to many times.

"Henry Cavill?" He pretended to think. "Oh yes, I've heard about him. Heard he smells." The girls giggles and Henry's fake smile grew even larger. "Would you ladies love to take a picture together?" He then asked.

"Oh my gosh!" The brunette squealed. "I wish, I look hideous. We've just got in from a fourteen hour flight."

"You look fine," he said to her which had caused her to go red in the face, squeal and cover her mouth. Beside her, her friend laughed and then pulled out her phone.

"I don't care how bad I look," she said. "I need photographic evidence that I did in fact meet Henry Cavill in the airport!"

"Ready?" Omelia turned her head around as Henry popped up into her line of view.

"Ready," he replied quietly enough for her to hear.

With a nod of her head, she began walking across the drop off lane and straight toward the parking garage where a white jeep was visible.

"Good spot." He said, trying to fill the silence that had fallen between them.

"Mhm," she hummed back as she skipped over the curb and into the garage. "You hungry?"

Slightly shocked by the question, especially since she had stopped and turned around to acknowledge him, he stopped inches from her with his mouth wide open.

She smiled, which made him close his mouth and stare at her. "What do you want? My treat."

"I thought we were going home to discuss-"

"We are," she turned fully around. "But it doesn't mean we can't pick up something along the way."

So this is basically a teaser kinda thing because this is actually from my story I am writing. 😊