How I Met Henry [II]

This bit is all from a story I was writing but lost the motivation to finish... kinda where the idea for this little book of one-shots and such came from. The Perfect Mistress is also a piece from this story as well.

I placed my phone on the dining table and walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge, closed the fridge, opened the freezer, closed the freezer. Then I stood there, sighed, walked into the pantry and looked around before backing out and then staring at Jenna.

I was starving, obviously, but I was also a nervous wreck thanks to Henry. What do I do? What if that snap was asking why I had yet to call him? What if he bribed me with more Kal snaps? Kal was cute after all.

I ran a hand through my knotted thick curly hair and sighed for the fifth time. Maybe I should take a shower, get Snapchat ready, make breakfast and then finally reply? Yeah, that would give me time to think about it.

"Okay," I clapped my hands together causing Jenna and Gizmo to jump up. "Game plan, I'm getting in the shower, y'all make breakfast? Got it?" They stared at me, Jenna trying to inch her way into the kitchen. "Yeah, that's what I thought," I said more to myself than them while I walked into my room to grab my clothes and towel. 

I got nowhere in the shower and when I was all dolled up and making breakfast, I still had no clue how I would respond to him.

So finally, when I sat down with my food, I picked up my phone and just opened his snap. Much to my surprise, he used a filter which actually made me laugh and eased my nerves a little. He didn't really ask why I had yet to get in contact with him, and for that I was grateful. So, I decided since he was sweet enough to send me himself in the dog filter, it was only right I do the same. And it took me many tries and eventually turning on the light above me before I finally settled on a picture that I thought was remotely decent enough to send him.

He didn't open it right away, and I guess it made sense, he was probably busy anyway, so I went back to eating and turned on the tv for something to watch.

There wasn't much to do out here while I was home alone. I could go for a walk, but I wasn't one to take on bears, panthers, boars or even a wolf on my own. Okay, maybe the wolf. Florida Red wolves were much smaller than normal wolves and they traveled alone, least from what I had seen. Plus I'd probably try to take it home if I saw one. The other three? Not so much.

By the time I finished my waffles, I had finally settled on watching Jerry Springer. Setting down the remote, I got up to clean up the mess I had made in the kitchen, and then returned to the living room. Just as I did, I noticed my phone turning off as if it was just turn on. So I decided to check it and luckily I did. Seemed Henry finally responded.

'Kal says Hi' was captioned as I stared at a picture of Kal staring up at the camera looking almost as if he was smiling. I laughed and sent a snap saying 'Hello Kal' and decided to do the same.

Unlike Henry, I ended up sending a video because Gizmo was sprawled out down the hall and Jenna by my feet so I said, 'They would say hi if they were tuckered out' as I filmed one and then the other. After watching it back, I sent it and went back to watching TV.

No sooner did I send that, he replied. I fought hard to contain my smile as I opened his snap. 'Can I text you?' was what he sent back with a selfie of him raising his brow. Uh, yes!

I then groaned realizing I should probably be the one to text him since he did give me his number, but my book was all the way across the house.

"Jenna, retrieve book!" I said as I pointed in the direction of my room. She lazily lifted her head, stared at me, thumped her tail against the couch and debating about getting up. "Never mind, I'll get it. No, don't get up!" I said as I stepped around her and made my way to the room. She listened so well, I thought as the sound of nails clicking against the wood floors echoed around the house.

In the room, I looked around for my purse since the book was still in there. I had yet to touch I since that day. I found the bag sitting in my luggage and made my way over to it. I began the search through my purse when I realized I took the book out. Ugggh! I turned around, my eyes scanning the room before I finally found it on top of my laptop. Finally!

I crossed the room, picked up the book, and made my way back into the living room where my phone rested on the coffee table. I plopped down on the couch, Jenna following with a clueless expression on her face. Then I opened the book, pulled out the paper, picked up my phone and started the process of adding him to my phone.

"Now what do I call him? Henry?" Yeah, that would do.

And then I opened a new message and typed; 'I could always just text you 🙃' and I sent it. Was the emoji too much? Why was I so cringy? I chewed my nail as I stared at the message waiting for the D to turn to R with a checkmark letting me know he read it.