Hot and Sweaty

"Do you mind getting me a water out of the fridge?"

"No," she replied quietly, "not really."

"Thank you," was his response when she stood up to walk past him and enter back into their room.

She returned, a cold bottle of water in hand, and held it out to him. With a sweet, crooked smile he took it from her and thanked her again.

"Kiss." She leaned forward, her face inches from him. Chuckling softly, he obeyed and pecked her lips. "More," she demanded.

"Babe, I'm hot-"

"I know," she replied, a small grin forming as she sat down on his lap. She placed a hand to his warm cheek, sweat trickling down his forehead and dripping onto her hand.

"And sweaty." He placed a hand on her thigh and looked up into her eyes.

"Which is what makes you irresistible right now." She said, removing his black baseball cap so that their foreheads touched.

"Not right now. What if someone sees?"

She pulled back, her dark eyebrow raising slightly. "Okay then," she said to him as she got up. "What about when you go to shower?"

Henry started to laugh, the hand that once was on her thigh now held her hand, preventing her from walking back into the room to avoid the hot afternoon sun.

He made no comment, only brought her hand up to his lips and pressed them to the back of her hand. She smiled down at him. His silence was all she needed.

•••

Not only have I neglected my books, but you readers as well.

This is super duper short, which I know sucks considering the comments left on this book are always so sweet. You have no idea how badly I want to give you all what you want and this is me seriously trying. Here's to rekindling the flame and getting back into continuing this little book.

And with Henry's recent post, you can't blame a girl for fantasizing 👀

But seriously Henry, help a girl out. We have readers to please 😊