awkward

"Holy shit," I gasped. Before me stood a man of six feet, one thick, dark eyebrow arched at my unnecessary vulgarity. Trust me, it had surprised me too, given that there were children roaming about.

"What?" A hand gripped my arm, turning me toward the beautiful face of my best friend. Her perfectly drawn on brows were furrowed, wrinkling her flawless make-up.

"His eyes are really blue." I said, indicating the handsome actor standing in front of us. "They're really really blue."

Recognition lit up her face immediately. She understood what 'really really blue' meant. It meant that he had my favorite kind of blue eyes, the ones I could stare in for ages.

His deep chuckle brought us back to the massive room we had all crowded in. He certainly didn't miss this conversation that had taken on without him. And because of that, we turned back to him.

"Holy cow, they are," she said, clutching tightly to my arm. He was clearly amused at us talking about him as if he wasn't standing right there.

"Maybe it's the shirt," I said tilting my head to try and understand why his eyes were so blue. Did red make them pop?

"No, I feel like it's his lashes." She replied. "I wish I had lashes like that."

"Boys are always blessed with things they don't entirely appreciate. Luscious hair; thick, long lashes."

And now I believe he was starting to feel uncomfortable as we stared and talked about him. He had even glanced about the room the way I often did when I was nervously trying to get over the fact it felt like someone was peering into my soul.

"Right," he was very good at hiding how startled he had been. But I had seen him jump slightly. I wanted to laughed but thought better considering the poor man was suffering enough already. "You have really beautiful eyes."

"Thank you," he was smiling, it made me wonder if it was genuine or one he had rehearsed so much that it appeared genuine.

I nodded my head awkwardly, not sure of where to go from there... or where this had been going previously. I had caught a glimpse of his eyes and was so easily distracted I forgot the conversation prior.

"How is Kal?" I then asked, remembering his bear-like companion and my current doggy obsession.

"He's good, real good." Henry replied.

"Good," I looked at my best friend who was struggling to keep a smile on her face. Her eyes had said it all, it was painful to watch how awkward this conversation had become.

"This woman here is absolutely obsessed with your dog," she finally said, placing her hands on my shoulder. "Actually she's obsessed with all dogs and animals. Truly passionate about them."

"It's true," I laughed.

"They are fascinating creatures, that is for certain." He looked as if he'd rather be anywhere in the world but here and I could not blame him.

"Thank you for tolerating my awkwardness, I won't keep you any longer," It was only right, I couldn't keep him forever. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

Call me rude if you want, but I didn't stick around to hear his response. Embarrassed as I was, I made my first ever quick(well at quick as one could be in a building overflowing with human beings) dash for the bathrooms. It was there were I locked myself in a stall, coated the seat in toilet paper and sat down mentally screaming at myself for being so weird in front of one of my biggest idols.