maybe, baby?

"I think you would make a wonderful father," she mumbled against his broad, hairy chest whilst her arms wrapped around his waist. "You are so good with children."

She felt as he inhaled deeply, thick lashes closed over blue iris, "I know," he sighed, his massive hand rubbing her back. "but I'm just not ready for them. In time, maybe."

"You're not getting any younger," she smiled.

Henry growled, one eye opening to peek at her. She sat up, leaning forward, her fingers tracing the lines that creased his brow.

"Are you pregnant?"

"Mmm," she tilted her head one way, thinking about whether she should answer him or not.

His other eye opened, both blue orbs staring up at her. He furrowed his brows, the lines increasing. She sighed softly, a small smile forming on her lips.

"Maybe," she said to him, her arms now folded over his chest. "Maybe not."

"Noelle," his face read that he was serious, but his eyes showed something else.

Noelle sighed and shook her head, "I am not," she told him. "You're too careful and I could never do that to you."

He exhaled, a smile curving his lips. She started to laugh, how Henry felt just now is how she felt nights ago when she took the test.

Like Henry, she wasn't ready for children. She wanted to be married, settled into a nice sized home with a dog or two and she wanted a steady job. She knew Henry could support them, but she wanted more than anything to make her own income.

"In time," he said while caressing her face.

"In time?" She looked at him, puzzled by his comment.

"In time I will give you a child," Henry smiled up at her. His fingers tangled in her hair, pulling her head down toward his. "Girl or boy?"

"Mmm," she hummed against his lips, her eyes closed as she thought about it. "I will take whatever you give me."

Henry kissed her and she kissed him back. Their lips locked for some time before air became a necessity.

She rolled off of Henry, patting his chest as she did, and got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his large leg wrapped in their white sheets. While one was wrapped, the other remained free while the sheets came up to his waist in a mess.

She liked the sight of him, naked with only their sheets to cover him. A smile curved her lips. Noelle averted her gaze, a faint blush covering her fair complexion. Even still, he had a way of making her feel like a giddy fangirl.

"I'm going to take care of the one baby we do have now," she replied, her back now to him while she rummaged for a shirt to cover her nakedness.

She found one large enough, one of Henry's dress shirts. Behind her, the bed squeaked as Henry sat up.

"You look good in my shirts," he said, his voice deep. She turned around to look at him and smiled.

"Do I?"

He nodded his head and stood up, "You look even better out of it," he said as he planted a kiss on her lips and set to work unbuttoning the buttons she had just buttoned.

"But Kal?" She managed through their kisses.

"Kal can wait," he pushed the fabric from her shoulders. She allowed it to pool at her feet and then wrapped her arms around his neck.

Henry moaned softly against her mouth. He pulled back to look at her and she smiled.

___________________

I will work on the request here soon. Just been a little busy with work 👀