Pregnant

She felt his fingers slipping in between hers, filling the gaps as if they were meant to do so. Her gaze followed up his arm to his square jawline and up to meet two pairs of piercing blue eyes. With his free hand, he had placed his index finger to his lips and smiled as they quietly crept into an empty room.

Behind them, he closed the door quietly leaving her with time to take in where they were. It was obvious it had once been the boy's bedroom, but now it stood at the children's room when the boy's came to visit. Alone one wall there had been two twin beds and along the other, there was a third pushed up against the wall. In the far corner, she noted a chest that had been recently closed.

She felt his arm wrapping her waist and pulling him against his broad chest. She fell against and smiled, it felt just right to be there. He then rested his chin on her shoulder, forcing him to hunch over just so he could do so. She smiled softly and ran the curve of her knuckles against his five o clock shadow and leaned her head against his.

"This was once my room," he whispered in her ear.

"I can believe it," she said, her hand dropping to her side. "Yours and Charlie's?"

She felt him nod his response. Henry then lifted his head, placed a gentle kiss to her shoulder and pulled back so that he could move around her. In just a few strides, he reached the bed pushed up against the wall and sat down.

"Your bed?" She questioned as she stepped closer. Henry looked up, a small teasing his lips and he nodded. "Looks cozy."

He chuckled at her comment and patted the spot next to him. She smiled softly and sat down where his large hand had one been. Now it was on her thigh, rubbing it tenderly as he stared at the shag carpeted floors deep in thought.

"Whatcha thinking?" She leaned against him, her chin resting against his broad shoulder while the palm of her hand ran along his back. He turned his head to look at her and then he smiled while pressing his lips to the top of her head.

"About my childhood," he told her.

"Mm," she nuzzled, encouraging him to go one.

"It was a good one," he admitted. "Well, it got me to thinking..." she looked up to see his smile was faltering, something that often happened when he was lacking the confidence to say what was on his mind.

She sat back to studied him, curious as to where his thoughts were going. "Hen?" His blue eyes looked down for a brief moment before looking back up into hers.

"How many children do you want?" He suddenly asked. Although she should have expected it, the question had still caught her off guard. She stared, her mouth falling open and close while she struggled to find the right words.

She could see the lines that framed his forehead and in between his brows, something that often happened when he was worried. She finally closed her mouth and then smiled.

"Henry," she couldn't believe she had nearly forgotten. "I suppose now is as any a good a time to tell you." The lines increased. "I'm pregnant."

And like that, they vanished. His blue eyes were wide and sparkling, his lips curving back to reveal his imperfect set of teeth.

"You're not joking?" He asked while taking her hand into his and squeezing it.

"I'm not," she said while shaking her head. Her smile grew twice the size as he pressed his lips against hers and pulled her into gentle embrace. "I was waiting for the right time to tell you."

"When did you find out?" He asked, pulling back. His smile had only toned down a little bit, but not enough to worry her.

"Just before the trip. I wanted to confirm it with the doctors first before I  told you the news and then I wanted to make a cute little announcement."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." He said as he placed the palm of his hand against my cheek. Henry of all people knew how much it meant to me to succeed in surprising him, especially since he was always good at finding out beforehand. He then leaned forward and pressed his head to hers, "We can still do an announcement if you'd like."

She sighed, "Fine," and then she smiled. "And I think I already have an idea."

"Oh?" He pulled back, to show that his left brow was now arched higher than the other.

"How quickly can we get Kal?"

"Why?"

"You really ought to stalk my Pinterest more," she said as she stood up from the bed and started for the door. At the door, she stopped and hesitated before turning around to face him. "I never did ask, what do you want?"

Henry looked taken aback by her question, but then he sat forward on the bed while considering her question and then he stood up and crossed the room over to her.

"A boy is always nice," he admitted while placing his hand to her flat belly.  "But I never had any sisters and I feel a girl would be a nice change," he paused. "And I would love to have a daughter every bit as wonderful as you."

"Good answer, Cavill," she was a playful air about her as she stood up on her toes to press a kiss to his lips. "I'm still debating on whether I'd like to have a son like you or not. You're quite a handful. How on earth did your mother manage five?"

He chuckled light heartedly, "I ask myself the same thing every day."

"That woman is the real superhero," she said with a big smile. "I suppose Superwoman is fitting for the mother of Superman, no?"

His booming laughter bounced off the walls despite the man photos that covered them. He then pulled her into his arms and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips before saying, "I take back what I said about having a daughter."

"Oh?"

"You're every bit as much as handful as I am."

"I suppose we'll just have to have a genderless baby then, hmm?" More laughter sounded from deep within his throat.

"I love you," he said when he sobered up.

"And I, Henry Cavill, love you too."

"You're Henry Cavill?" There was a look of amusement on his face while one brow raised in a quizzical manner.

She rolled her eyes and buried her face into his chest, the scent of his body wash and cologne filling her nostrils.

"Well, I do suppose it will make sense when you become Mrs. Henry Cavill."

Her head snapped up immediately. "Henry, no!"

"I know," he kissed the top of her head. "Not now, but some day."

"Some day." She nestled her head back onto his chest. "Till then, what are some good baby names?"

"Henry."

"Henry!"

"Fine," she could feel him smiling and she knew what was about to come next would not be good. "Clark."

"I'm done." She lifted her head off his chest and opened the door. Henry tried to stop her but had been too busy laughing at her reaction that she easily slipped through his grip.

She rolled her eyes as she looked back at her boyfriend, abut then she smiled. She couldn't think of a more perfect man to be the father of the child growing inside of her.